Free speech, but only if you say what we want

November 16, 2012 20 Comments
By

It’s the age old story, or rather the story of the age when someone who writes a book giving their impressions of somewhere ends up embroiled in a ‘race hate’ campaign for describing a part of Leicester…

Mail.

Celebrity chef Clarissa Dickson Wright has caused outrage after claiming that visiting a Muslim area of Leicester was ‘the most frightening experience of her life’.
Writing in her new book, Clarissa’s England, she said visiting the city — which has a large Asian population — made her feel like a ‘pariah and an outcast in the middle of my own country.’
And when questioned on her description by a local newspaper, she fumed: ‘I’m surprised any of the people who might object could read what I wrote as it is written in English.’
But the overweight chef adds that there’s an ‘upside’ to everything — and is at least thankful for the large number of Asian restaurants in the city.
Her description of the town has caused outrage.
She wrote: ‘I found myself in an area where all the men were wearing Islamic clothing and all the women were wearing burkas and walking slightly behind them.
‘None of the men would talk to me when I tried to find out where I was and how to get out of there because I was an English female and they don’t talk to females they don’t know, while if the women could speak English they weren’t about to show it by having a word with me.

Having been lost in strange towns I sort of understand her feelings, though being lost in a strange town in England and being unable to be understood or simply ignored must have been quite the experience. Of course if this happens you aren’t allowed to write about it in your book without facing the usual cries of ‘racism’ and bigotry, despite accurately (probably) describing what happened.

Ibrahim Mogra, assistant secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, and a city imam, said: ‘How can she judge an entire community on her one-off rare time of getting lost in Leicester?

I suspect that question needs to be aimed at your own community Mr. Mogra, why were the ones she ran across so bloody ignorant? Could it be that they thought their religion gave them the right to ignore a woman? Or simply that they were pig ignorant?

‘When she says that she was in the ‘centre of a city in the centre of her own country, I take objection. This is also my country and this is also my city.
‘I would like to call on Leicester people to be even more welcoming and hospitable than we’ve been so far.’

From the impression she got that doesn’t strike me as being too hard to do, simply replying to a request for aid would be a good start.

Mayor Sir Peter Soulsby said: ‘That is the sort of thing that makes me very angry — when someone breezes in from outside and paints a picture of Leicester that does not have any foundation in reality.

So she’s lying? Somehow I think not, though a quick check of Mayor Soulsby’s credentials tells you a lot about him, mostly that he was the Labour MP for the area, the same Labour who allowed mass uncontrolled immigration and created the ghetto’s Ms. Dickson Wright found and described quite accurately.

I’m tired of whenever anyone criticise a minority group they get tarred with the racism brush, particularly when no racism is implied and it’s entirely in the mind of those who see it everywhere anyway.

Perhaps the political classes and community leaders in Leicester need to have a real good look at what they’ve created in their city.

Or would it be racist to suggest such a thing?

20 Responses to Free speech, but only if you say what we want

1. November 16, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Both.

Or would it be racist to suggest such a thing?

No, because Islam is a religion, not a race. Doesn’t stop the bastards trying it on, though.

• nisakiman
      November 18, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Religionism? Religionist? Have we got that one yet? If not, it’s about time we did. If we’re going to be ultra-PC, then we should be correctly ultra-PC.

2. Bill
    November 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Seems to been a day where people are calling spades spades. If it carries on tomorrow then perhaps the worm really is turning.

• November 17, 2012 at 7:20 am

Bring…it….ON! :twisted:

• nisakiman
      November 18, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I remember when I was a teen we invariably referred to black guys as “spades”. And it wasn’t said in a derogatory way at all, just standard vernacular.

3. mikebravo
    November 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Most amusing. “..at least thankful for the large number of Asian restaurants in the city”.
    I would rather hear her story first hand over a large G&T.
    She tells a good story does Clarissa.

• November 17, 2012 at 7:21 am

And she doesn’t back down, either:

“Miss Dickson Wright remained defiant, saying: ‘I’m surprised any of the people who might object could read what I wrote as it is written in English.’”

:lol:

4. john in cheshire
    November 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

This is just another example of whingeing muslims and their socialist running dogs. I tend the think that Clarissa Dickson Wright has given a perfectly accurate description of poor old Leicester. I’ll bet she doesn’t want to return there in a hurry.

5. November 16, 2012 at 6:42 pm

It’s not an uncommon experience, various parts of East & West London are different countries now

• November 17, 2012 at 7:22 am

Oh, indeed…

6. November 16, 2012 at 6:49 pm

My good mate used to live in an area of Blackburn that became entirely muslim.

It went from a white area to a black area to a slum. I was friends with him when it was a black area and I asked him how he felt about it.

He wasn’t to happy about it and he felt quite strange but he said that all the old boys were perfectly fine and they didn’t have a problem with each other. It was the younger ones who were beginning to act like dicks.

Eventually the younger ones became the old boys, new ones moved in from abroad and the sense of muslim entitlement took over the area. That’s when it went from a civilised area to a slum

• Paul
      November 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I’m so glad I don’t live in Blackburn. It only becomes vaguely civilised on the road out to Wilpshire.

• November 18, 2012 at 8:18 pm

True. I live in Darwen so it’s not so bad. It has it’s moments though

7. Derek
    November 16, 2012 at 8:28 pm

It is worrying that freedom of speach is being eroded in this country. There was a time when if you disagreed with someone, or something, you felt quite free to say so. If we do not do something about it, the time will come when to speak out against the government of the day could be a crime. If we are not careful, this country will become like Stalin’s Russia, or Hitler’s Germany.

• Smudger
      November 17, 2012 at 10:33 am

You think? Gasp! Why hasn’t the MSM been onto this yet? :shock:

• Furor Teutonicus
      November 18, 2012 at 3:36 pm

XX If we are not careful, this country will become like Stalin’s Russia, or Hitler’s Germany. XX

“Will BECOME…”!?

Have you been asleep for the last fifteen years, or what? :???:

8. November 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm

But the curry there is fabulous.

9. mona
    November 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I love that word OUTRAGED omly those bastards can be outraged, I’m not, because I know once Saudi runs out of oil we will turn on the outraged. we have not lost our innate desire to fight for and live with our own people. All the intrim is a hideous dream, The state of this little Kingdom to suffer , then the Insurrection.

10. Greg Tingey
    November 17, 2012 at 8:41 am

Just as well it wasn’t in Rotherham, then?

11. The Jannie
    November 17, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Be fair. There’s some great curry in Rotherham, too.

United Kingdom Time

Email us at contact orphans of liberty [all one word] at gmail dot com

Authors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
The Quiet Man

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.