High stakes poker game

December 9, 2012 7 Comments
By

Debka via IPJ:

We seem to be witnessing a high-stake poker game between Washington and Damascus over a deck of chemical cards, each waiting to see who blinks first.

If the Americans attack, Assad will feel he is justified in releasing his poisonous gas over Turkey, Jordan and Israel.

But if Assad loses his nerve and lets loose with chemical weapons inside or outside Syria, the Americans will come crashing down on him with the full might of the US air, sea and marine forces standing by off the Syrian coast, along with Turkish, Israeli and Jordanian strikes against targets in Syria.

Not wanting to get religious you know, but all of this does fit the narrative remarkably well. Just sayin’ like – don’t quote me on it.  Just thought it might cheer you up on a Sunday afternoon a few days before the Mayan apocalypse.

7 Responses to High stakes poker game

1. Bill
    December 9, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I’ll lay odds the gringos will find away to start their new war before Christmas 2012. They have form in flagging up falsies and then marching in before ‘everyone comes to their senses’.
    How else would DARPA continue to get funding?

What will be interesting (excepting the obvious stupidity which means that thousands of Syrians will be killed for no good reason) is bankrupt Britain and bankrupt France are going to be working together with the British fighting with the French supplying allegedly… what could possibly go wrong?

2. john in cheshire
    December 9, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I have no feelings one way or the other for Syria; after all they are arabs and therefore not my friend. However, I do object my government engaging in the destruction of countries without my permission.

3. john in cheshire
    December 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm

In addition, James, it would be reassuring if at this time of year our servants showed a little concern for Christians in muslim lands. These people are suffering the persecution for their beliefs that we in the socalled civilised West have no understanding.

• December 9, 2012 at 7:22 pm

John, spot on. The plight of Christians in Muslim lands is an abomination. Post 1945 the world collectively said ‘never again’ to genocide, but we see in the Islamic world the beginning of a genocide against Christians. A glance at the situation in Pakistan and Nigeria will tell you how bad the situation is.

link to farenheit211.wordpress.com

As regards the Syrian situation. I feel that Hague has been extremely foolish in recognising the mainly Islamist rebels as legitimate. He sadly appears to have been brainwashed by the pro Arab Camel Corp of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

4. James Strong
    December 10, 2012 at 7:28 am

I am amazed that any educated Westerner can be pro-Arab.
    This is not prejudice; I’ve lived in 3 Arab countries over 20 years and visited 4 others.
    They are lazy, arrogant, and dishonest and their behaviour, on an individual and societal level, is informed by a book from ‘Allah’ and sayings and practices of his ‘prophet’ that would be banned if they were put forward by middle-aged white men in Europe.

There are few people as charming as an Arab if you have got something he wants, few people as unpleasant as an Arab can be if he has power over you.

We should stay well away from them and their vile politico-religion but always retain the power to do extreme violence to them should it ever become necessary, i.e. if they ever threaten us.
    Otherwise let them suffer in squalor as in Gaza or slaughter each other as in Syria.
    The thought of ever intervening and exposing British service personnel to danger in order to stop Arabs killing each other makes me baffled, horrified and angry.

I am fuly aware that these views are unpleasant; they are unpleasant even to me, but it is the least bad option available to us.

5. Rossa
    December 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I had to laugh a little at the report of the French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle even being out at sea as it’s been in dock a lot of the time. Anyone know if it even has any planes, seeing as we don’t have any left to lend to them?

6. December 11, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Can but agree with these.

United Kingdom Time

Email us at contact orphans of liberty [all one word] at gmail dot com

Authors

For more about these renegades, click on the name to go to a short profile:

AK Haart
Churchmouse
James Higham
JuliaM
The Quiet Man

Orphans logo

Feel free to take this for your sidebar.