Your Betters Have Spoken, You Ignorant Peasants!

Vivienne Westwood in ‘Marie Antoinette’ mode over organic food:

The vegetarian fashion designer, 73, said processed food was making Britons fat, as she delivered a petition to Downing Street protesting about genetically-modified food.

When an interviewer from BBC Radio 5 Live suggested that “not everybody can afford to eat organic food”, she replied: “Eat less.”

If you have a strong stomach, there’s a pic of Westwood – it doesn’t paint a good picture for vegans…

Despite being challenged over her comments yesterday, she went on to say that organic food would become more affordable if people backed her campaign to put greater restrictions on GM food.

She said: “You’ve got all these processed foods, which is the main reason people are getting fat. They’re not actually good for you – they don’t give you strength, they give you weight.

“I eat vegetables and fruit. I don’t eat meat. I believe meat is bad for me so I don’t eat it. It’s also bad for the animals.

Bonkers,. Utterly bonkers.

Dame Vivienne, who lives in Clapham, south London, saw her fashion business hit by “disappointing” sales and tumbling profits earlier this year.

Heh! Karma has a sense of humour, it seems…

11 comments for “Your Betters Have Spoken, You Ignorant Peasants!

1. Ed P
    November 20, 2014 at 11:19 am

It obviously costs more to produce food organically – lower yields,more expensive husbandry, greater wastage from insect attacks (on plants), etc. But concerns about GM food are very different (& complex) issues, which are nothing to do with normal vs.organic foods. So her muddying of the waters in this well-meaning but half-understood way helps no-one.
    It’s diet choices, and the amounts eaten, which are making fatties.

2. Fidel Cuntstruck
    November 20, 2014 at 11:27 am

Lots of Science and objectivity there then .. oh, wait though.

I love the Vegans – they really mean well but …. “If there was a movement to produce more organic food and less of the horrible food, then organic food would obviously be a good value price, wouldn’t it? “ . Shame about her business but if that last comment is any indication of her acumen then it’s no surprise that her business is struggling, Karma can be a cruel thing but there’s a “cost of living crisis” Dame Viv, or hadn’t you noticed?

3. Stonyground
    November 20, 2014 at 12:34 pm

“It’s diet choices, and the amounts eaten, which are making fatties.”

And lack of exercise possibly.

Her utterings show that she has very little understanding about what constitutes a healthy or unhealthy diet. Genetically modified or not has no implications at all as far as I know. Processed food is not neccessarily harmful unless you eat little else. It is also worth repeating that obesity levels are constantly being exaggerated. I am 56 and very lean and fit but according to the infamous BMI I am overweight.

4. November 20, 2014 at 1:19 pm

I wonder where she gets her leather for her leather goods range? 🙁

• Ed P
      November 20, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Does she really sell leather goods? If so, the hypocrisy of such a righteous hectoring sanctimonious person is truly astounding.

5. November 20, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Dammit – forgot to tick the notification box!

6. Voice of Reason
    November 20, 2014 at 2:19 pm

She’s right about one thing. Eating meat is certainly bad for the animals concerned.

7. Viscount Rectum
    November 20, 2014 at 3:34 pm

No doubt she loves crushed cockroaches and blowflies flavoured urine soaked pavement pizzas.

8. mona
    November 20, 2014 at 3:38 pm

No doubt she eats crushed cockroaches and blowflies with a side dish of pavement pizza.

9. Furor Teutonicus
    November 21, 2014 at 8:56 am

XX I don’t eat meat. I believe meat is bad for me so I don’t eat it. It’s also bad for the animals.XX

The dumb bitch is aware that “Organic” does not neccessarily mean “Vegetarian” is she?

10. November 24, 2014 at 4:13 am

I eat meat. Damned fine stuff. The animals just love sacrificing themselves for my meals. It gives them ‘purpose’. They would just be eating one another, innit?