Gawd, I Knew It’d All Be Someone Else’s Fault…

Humaira Patel on the Muslim schoolgirls:

The question we find ourselves asking is short, but important: why? Why are they thought to be going to join a terrorist group in Syria when life is so much better in the UK?

Well, that’s not the question I’m asking – I’m asking ‘How big a plane would I need to charter so they can take other like-minded idiots with them?’

They were part of my community, but sadly they were led astray by people with no morals. They fell prey to a form of virus spreading through the internet, brainwashing young women and men in the name of religion, directed by a bunch of radicals working in the human resources department for Isis. They lure young women with talk of companionship and heaven, a promise that makes me wonder if they really know much about their religion

Oh, here we go. It can’t possibly have anything to do with Islam, right?

Many will assume that what has happened happened because these young women are Muslims, and Isis is supposedly Muslim, so religion must be at the core of this.

Well…yes. But that can’t be right, can it?

But Islam is a religion of peace and unity, and growing up in London surrounded by all the peaceful Muslims of the East End, these young women must have known that too. I think something beyond religion is also playing a part.

What, like these peaceful Muslims in the East End?

But go on, Humaira, tell us all whose fault it really is…

They grew up in a Britain that is filled with Islamophobia, where people seem to constantly speak ill about their faith. Sometimes, the non-stop criticism and offence can make people hang on to their religion more and more stringently, and get so into religion that they fail to differentiate between right and wrong. Instead, they become paranoid and defensive and start listening to Isis’s propaganda department.

I knew it! It’s ours. Of course.

Could they have gone somewhere else for support? Yes, there are organisations offering support to young people, but would they really understand the situations of these increasingly marginalised women? Are there really the support networks out there to help potentially radicalised young people come back into the mainstream, or are there just people whose hidden roles are surveillance and control?

Yeah, that’s not paranoid at all, is it?

Maybe we can stop young people like Shamima, Amira and Kadiza leaving this country if we give them proper support, especially those in vulnerable situations, if we present them with equal chances and if we value them. Maybe then they will stay, maybe then they will feel at home here. Radicalisation may end when equality begins.

Says a woman whose very house of religion has separate doors for men and women.

But hey, I knew I was in for a treat before I even read a word. Because this was attached to the article:

Comments beneath this article must be approved by a moderator before appearing on the site

And that always means ‘This is a complete fruitcake being provocative’ whenever you read it…

21 comments for “Gawd, I Knew It’d All Be Someone Else’s Fault…

1. February 26, 2015 at 12:52 pm

all I have to say it’s doesn’t it just make you glow all over with cultural enrichment?!!!
    Well no not me, it drives me fecking nuts!

• March 1, 2015 at 6:56 am

I suppose while they are writing columns, they aren’t doing anything more harmful!

2. Hereward unbowed.
    February 26, 2015 at 2:26 pm

I’m all for a new ‘charity’ [ala leeching the taxpayers wad] – aimed at helping all the young gels to get off to Syria asap.

It’s not as if, in and because of, their wonderfully enlightened religious practices these young ‘well educated’ lasses would be allowed to do aught useful with their lives [what a waste of taxpayers largesse].

Well that is, unless one considers their immediate future, of enforced marriage to a neanderthal from the back of beyond [and greater distance – if one factors history, education and culture] and the delights of domestic slavery; cook, sweep the kitchen floor, bear children [all at UK taxpayer subsidy expense again!] and to be getting used to wearing a bin bag in public – some life huh?

When one thinks, then surely it is no wonder that, they run away!

Logic dictates and it is in Britain’s interests and in all conscience – to facilitate such ‘flight’ – call it hejira to choose your own fundo.

• March 1, 2015 at 6:57 am

Hereward, I’d like to charter a flight & send as many who want to go! It’d be one way.

3. Old Geezer
    February 26, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I think that all Moslems under 70 years old should go and fight jihad, and I wish them a quick achievement of their ultimate goal….Martyrdom.

• Viscount Rectum
      March 1, 2015 at 3:01 pm

You may find that they may be inclined to fight Jehad here when enough of them become avaiable from the womb warriors here in good old blighty

• Old Geezer
        March 1, 2015 at 8:18 pm

In which case, I would be only too happy to help them achieve martyrdom. You could come and join me if you wish!!!!

4. February 27, 2015 at 2:27 am

What everyone is ignoring with this case is its implications for multiculturalism.
    “How can they go to Syria when life in the UK is so good?” is the question that is asked, but no-one considers that life for those girls in the UK might not be quite as chock full of opportunity as those elitists think.
    Because elements within the Muslim community have been able to develop independently in a vacuum, without any effort to integrate into wider society, those girls might have thought they were denied the opportunities that those in the media think they should have had.
    Its this inability to understand the reality on the street and the downsides of the multiculturalist experiment that really annoys me.
    I lived next door to a Muslim guy from Pakistan many years ago. He’d been in the UK 25 years and still couldn’t speak a word of English. Didn’t feel the need to either, because there was no pressure to and he had a whole community where he could live and work without having to interact using the English language. But its that extreme isolation from the rest of society that allows the Islamic Fundamentalists to prosper and to corrupt and co-opt members of the muslim community in such a way that they will go as far as to work against the UK despite all the advantages and opportunities they would have if they integrated even just a fraction more.

• March 1, 2015 at 6:57 am

Very good point.

5. Furor Teutonicus
    February 27, 2015 at 8:31 am

XX the non-stop criticism and offence can make people hang on to their religion more and more stringently,XX

Oh aye? Is this the same religion that all this has nothing to do with, that they are hanging onto more and more stringently, then?

• March 1, 2015 at 6:58 am

I can’t imagine what religion you mean… 😆

6. Viscount Rectum
    February 27, 2015 at 8:55 am

If Jehad John (Emwazi) the butcher of hostages described as a kind gentle beautiful young man it begs the question, what lies beneath the surface in the minds of the muslim youth?, another question how did Britain get such a large muslim population?.

7. Bunny
    February 27, 2015 at 10:36 am

Julia, sometimes I disagree with you, sometimes I think you miss the mark, but generally you get it absolutely bang on, and this is one of those times you hit the nail on the head. The more that want to go the merrier and as for the idea that they are British, it makes Spike Milligan Indian.

• March 1, 2015 at 6:58 am

Heh! Just so… 😉

8. mona
    February 27, 2015 at 3:03 pm

The heritage of horrors visited upon our children by the Blair,Cameron reptiles, when will the retribution start against our political elite?

• Daedalus
      February 28, 2015 at 6:47 am

In about 67 days.

• March 1, 2015 at 6:59 am

I wish..! The truth is, all those who allowed the cult of progressivism to take hold will vote for more of the same… 🙁

9. mona
    February 28, 2015 at 8:49 am

If these three Isis girls come back to Britain pregnant, will the taxpayer keep them?.

• March 3, 2015 at 6:48 am

Will the taxpayer EVER have the choice?

10. Mudplugger
    March 1, 2015 at 9:15 am

Although the Security Services may have been a tad slow off the mark, I trust we can relay on the Benefits Agency, HMRC, the local council and their school to respond promptly.
    They should already have removed any child-related benefits, tax-credits, housing support (spare room subsidy) etc. from their families and imposed daily ‘unauthorised absence’ fines from the school.
    Bet they haven’t and bet they never will.

11. March 3, 2015 at 6:52 am

Wot us needs of coarse, is our own Charia Law, wot is a bit like theres. Sorta, like, if they don’t play wiv ower ball we tax ’em to buggery, and tax there buggery too. An lop a few hands and feet orf. We could make some use of hi bildins an all, chucking some recalitrannies off em’. Jus a thort.