The Inevitable Result Of Teaching Children Not To Question Things…

Another day with a ‘y’ in it, another ‘Indy’ article on radicalisation:

“They told me how there was no crime and no discrimination in the Islamic State. They spoke about relations between men and women, and said that I would find a good husband, even if I would be one of several of his wives. They spoke about fighting the unbelievers and the heretics, but never mentioned any violence or executions or anything like that,” Maysa says.

No, I know what you’re thinking, but Maysa isn’t some backwards Third World child – she’s a 17 year old brought up under Brussels’s educational system, and getting, she says elsewhere, ‘good marks’.

Within weeks, her new friends provided Maysa with a cheap mobile phone with a pre-paid sim card and told her to keep it secret. It was on this phone that she was contacted, usually by text message, and told where and when the next meeting of the group would take place.

“I now see I knew nothing about them, really. Just their first names. But I didn’t question it,” Maysa says.

Doing a bang up job there, Western education!

12 comments for “The Inevitable Result Of Teaching Children Not To Question Things…

1. The Cowboy Online
    December 3, 2015 at 11:02 am

And, as befits that good education, what happened was ‘done to her’, she was ‘radicalised’, purely a victim and there’s no agency or responsibility for herself.

• December 6, 2015 at 6:58 am

Spot on! Perpetual victimhood.

2. Ed P
    December 3, 2015 at 6:54 pm

I have to wonder if Common Purpose, with its vile hidden agenda of extreme socialism, and which is mainly responsible for the dumbing down of most European educational systems, thus churning out unthinking, malleable and complacent drones, ever considered how easily alien cultures could be assimilated.
    These child-like “humans” have not developed any mental capacity for critical thought, and therefore have no resistance to idiotic ideas. Perhaps that was the CP intention, as their grand plan requires tame serfs. But now it’s backfiring, as the clever and media-savvy ISIS brigades are finding it all too easy to influence them.

3. Stonyground
    December 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Don’t parents have any responsibility for teaching critical thinking to their offspring? I sometimes wonder if I raised my daughter to be a little too cynical. Of course, highly religious people can’t afford to teach their kids anything whatsoever about evaluating evidence in case they start looking behind the curtain. I wonder if this girl’s parents were religious at all?

• December 6, 2015 at 6:59 am

The article says “Her parents are observant Muslims, but far from rigorous.”

4. Hereward Unbowed.
    December 4, 2015 at 12:47 am

They told me how there was no crime and no discrimination in the Islamic State. They spoke about relations between men and women, and said that I would find a good husband, even if I would be one of several of his wives. They spoke about fighting the unbelievers and the heretics, but never mentioned any violence or executions or anything like that,” Maysa says.”

There used to be a time when, people had a saying, “do you honestly think that I was born yesterday?”……………

If you talk to employers, as I often do, many of them will regale you of stories galore – remarking on certain common character flaws. Salient in the flaw division, among a myriad of other faults most especially inclusive of their malformed reasoning ability and woeful inability to apply what little they have learnt to the work place and its necessary utilization of basic skill sets…

Young Brits, in so many job applicants and this is ranging from post grad geeks to young uns with few qualifications – most of them are as daft as a brush and none of ’em exhibit much or any common sense, that – they should have been born with.

In reference to the above [parenthesized] comment. What a gumbo mix. I arrive at the conclusion that, the story is a pack of falsehoods and innuendo. Or, Maysa pretends plays on our gullibility and feigns victimhood, and you believe her story but must surely surmise that, nobody could be that thick…..could they?

Either way, the education establishment, all of the left wing Cultural Marxist academia and the pedagogues who peddle their threadbare weft of lies, half truth factoids, equality propaganda, false history and hearsay – have trashed the future of this country, no wonder it is so piss easy to fill kids heads with so much evil junk – IS are having a field day.

• December 6, 2015 at 7:01 am

Oh, I know 🙁 I often have to travel home on the same train as the crop of college students from Southend’s big campus near the train station, so have to overhear their conversation.

It doesn’t give one a lot of hope for the future. If I had to choose a word to describe them, it would be ‘credulous’.

5. Stonyground
    December 4, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Hereward Unbowed, your description of the shortcomings of school leavers when they are first thrust into the workplace reminds me a little of myself when I left school. I was educated in the sixties and seventies so, if schools are to blame, the rot has been setting in for quite a long time. Work is quite a lot different from school so it isn’t surprising that even the brightest need time to adjust. Anyway, I adjusted and became a competent engineer so all is not necessarily lost.

• Hereward Unbowed.
      December 5, 2015 at 12:55 am

A good point, admittedly in certain things I am, was also a slow learner but when it sinks in, it’s there forever, and btw well done to you Stonyground. I hope that, in some capacity you were able to pass on some of your hard learned engineering talents – by helping educating a future engineer or three or four.

6. Stonyground
    December 5, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I am always keen to pass on my knowledge which is now mainly in the area of electronically controlled pneumatic systems. I have often been responsible for training newbies and most of them have turned out OK so I must have done a reasonable job. I have however been spectacularly unsuccessful at persuading machine operators not to lubricate pneumatic equipment with WD40.

• December 6, 2015 at 7:02 am

😀

• Ed P
      December 6, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Me too! And most of my systems run off clean dry air in clean rooms – WD40 leaches out the in-built grease in the cylinders which allows the use of dry air, so voila!, soon they seize up.