Maybe You Should Ask Yourselves Why This Is A Preferred Vision..?

Londoners have condemned a “whitewashed” vision of Hackney portrayed in a marketing video for a property development.

A four-minute advert for the ‘Vibe’ development in Dalston features scenes of a young woman relaxing in the neighbourhood interspersed with images of how the flats will look.

In the film, the woman visits nearby vintage clothes shops, restaurants and the Westfield shopping centre – which the video boasts is just a 12-minute train ride away.

She is also seen having a haircut at a high-end salon as the developers show off the amenities they say are on the doorstep of the luxury flats in Beechwood Road.

Not the first time, is it.

This has, of course, gone down like a cold cup of sick with the social media SJWs:

But social media users hit out at the video, claiming it is not representative of the area.

Samir Jeraj (@sajeraj) criticised the developers for not making the video more culturally diverse.

He tweeted: “Looks like according to this property ad video, #Dalton #Hackney has no Black or Asian people. Who’d have guessed?”

Certainly it’ll only fool those unfamiliar with London.

The Evening Standard has approached Telford Homes, which is behind the development, for comment.

I hope they come back and say ‘Look, there’s no ASA overseas, so we can do what we like. How many foreign investors do you think we’d manage to hook if we showed the reality of Dalston’s gloriously enriched area, anyway?’

11 comments for “Maybe You Should Ask Yourselves Why This Is A Preferred Vision..?

1. James Higham
    March 30, 2016 at 10:32 am

🙂

2. Ted Treen
    March 30, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Would it be terribly discriminatory to make SJW’s wear some kind of badge so that normal people can avoid them?

• April 4, 2016 at 1:01 pm

They can be told apart from normal people quite easily. 🙂

3. Errol
    March 30, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I’ve seen that part of London. It’s a toilet. Dirty, with chain smoking Turks, Balkans and then there are the roaming gangs of black yobs, all wearing ridiculous hats and with half drawn up trousers. It is a menacing, unpleasant, utterly nasty place to spend any time at all.

As for those shops – they would be broken into and looted. As it is no one in this area could afford the stuff they sell. That Ferrari would be stolen in a heartbeat, or vandalised – unless it belonged to a local drug dealer.

Those quant kitchy shops? Not a chance. A single woman, walking alone with that sort of gear? Theft, mugging and rape magnet.

London is hell. Not ‘vibrant’, not ‘progressive’, just horrible.

4. Hereward Unbowed.
    March 30, 2016 at 11:56 pm

I’m a northerner and proud of it, though I love and have lived in many other areas of Britain and abroad. I’ve known London for a lot of years, and even just twenty years ago, I could still call it “my capital city” because I still felt fairly safe and I was mostly at home, in most areas – at least.

Now, FFS, I don’t recognize the place anymore, indeed you need to travel some ways out of ‘town’ to find civilization these days, the rest of it reminds me of Karachi or, Bombay.

• April 4, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Me neither. 🙁

5. March 31, 2016 at 5:47 am

I am moving too. I have managed to get into a ‘bijou’ apartment below the mountain on which I have been for the past 14 years. It has a lovely view out over the river (well, estuary, described by Admiral Bruni D’Entrecasteaux as the most beautiful harbour in the world). He was right, it is beautiful.

The apartment though is tiny. It would go for perhaps a million Pounds in London. Throw in the view……crikey the view alone would add $2 million in Sydney.

There are no yobs in Sandy Bay (THE upmarket suburb in Hobart). There are no nightclubs, hoons, Balkans, drug dealers, etc. There are ferraris. And more-stately vehicles. And a gorgeous beach and promenade. And pretty girls galore. Yea, even ‘nice’ ones. I will be settled in, hopefully, in a few weeks.

• Rossa
      March 31, 2016 at 7:36 am

We’ll all be on the next plane out…..

• March 31, 2016 at 9:42 am

Interested in this move of yours.

• Hereward Unbowed.
      March 31, 2016 at 2:30 pm

I think, better than NZ!

I wish you a happy continuance and safe move, drink that view in and rest contented.

6. April 4, 2016 at 2:10 pm