8 comments for “You Really Don’t Understand This ‘Choice’ Thing, Do You?

1. mikebravo
    May 10, 2016 at 12:40 pm

They used to try to force us to drink that disgusting cow juice when I was at school.

I suspect that a “community wellbeing spokeswoman” would be right up for some enforced watering. For the common good of course!

• May 15, 2016 at 6:45 am

If she floats, she’s guilty, and we should burn her!

2. wiggia
    May 10, 2016 at 1:38 pm

On tap Julia, far to easy there would be no need for a “community wellbeing spokeswoman” if we all thought that way ! it’s amazing in these austere times that those sort of jobs are considered to be ‘vital’ to the nations health.

3. Ed P
    May 10, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Ah, but tap water is not as desirable as mineral water in a feeder bottle – the infantilised modern yoof can only hydrate by suckling.

• May 15, 2016 at 6:46 am

I hate those things! What on earth is the point? Did they start when jogging became a fad?

4. Stonyground
    May 10, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I don’t really like fizzy drinks so I don’t tend to drink them. I do drink water quite a bit, both tap water and bottled water. The water in our taps is very palatable but if you keep it in a bottle for even a short time it becomes much less so. For that reason I keep bottled water in the car. It is quite important for me to keep myself hydrated because I have type 2 diabetes.

As an aside, the diabetes is hardly a problem if you keep yourself very fit. When I was first diagnosed, three years ago this week in fact, my condition was so bad that it was thought to be type1 and I was put on insulin. I now need no medication at all and just have a check up every six months to monitor the condition.

• May 15, 2016 at 6:47 am

I wonder why more doctors don’t recommend it? Because they think people won’t stick to it? Or because popping pills has become the Western way of life?

5. Lord T
    May 11, 2016 at 12:43 pm

I think that make water more freely available is a euphemism for make soft drinks less freely available. Nothing to do with cost.