I Wondered How The Progressives Would Take The Unwelcome News…

…that not all ‘misogynistic comments’ (often nothing of the kind) on Twitter were made by men.

I should have known the answer would be something dishonest, and Polly doesn’t disappoint:

Sad, angry men sitting in their bedsits in underpants, hating women unattainable to them? Yes, there are plenty of those. But the shock is that most abuse comes from very young women, directed at other women. This is playground behaviour taken to another level, where all the world can see on Facebook or Twitter the petty malice and spite young girls spit out at one another and at other women they envy or resent.

Why? Like the sad angry men, girls lashing out express all their own insecurities and lack of self-esteem. If you hate yourself and your body, if you can’t match the impossible ideal woman imagery all around you, then you lash out to make yourself feel better.

See, it’s all the fault of the Patriarchy really! Women can’t help themselves. Men drive them to it!

I have visited Swedish schools where they set up feminist girls’ clubs to protect and support each other, to look after each other going out at night, to resist the bullying and trivialising of girls’ lives.

I hope they admit boys too. After all, we can’t have single sex clubs, can we Polly?

11 comments for “I Wondered How The Progressives Would Take The Unwelcome News…

1. Hereward Unbowed.
    May 28, 2016 at 12:16 pm

I used to read Tuscan villa polly – just for a giggle and wonder how stupid could it get, I was frequently scunnered* but never really that surprised.

Eventually, it became an intolerable noisome experience, time and again Toynbee would ‘open’ her mouth and out would issue something or other and plethora of half baked nostrums dressed up in taxes and tax and more taxes, again and again big government makes for, Utopia, panacea Socialism.

Like all Champagne Socialists, Toynbee is reviled by her fellow citizens, surrounded and suffused in the pious, bien pensant in conversation, the rarefied circles, the comfortable salons of Communist north London – it shows in her scribblings – she doesn’t get out much – at all, if at all, and that, she simply couldn’t bear the company of the ‘people’ the Hoi Polloi.

Gawd and what a to do, how heart rending is it?…………….I’m tearing up, oooh dear.

Constantly, do they (Gruaniadistas) refer to the wet dream – Nirvana on earth – Sweden and which begs the obvious….

If she hates her fellow citizens so much and indeed is devoted to Sweden above all else, then: why is she (Toynbee), still fucking living in the UK?

As to the post itself – total bollox, working on the shop floor years ago, you found out women and in critique of their rivals and heroines – they don’t need to be scorned, for hell hath no fury like an avaricious, envious girlie. Twatterati means that they can all vent – at lib!

*Northern slang for ‘gobsmacked’.

2. Jonathan
    May 28, 2016 at 1:27 pm

” ….where they set up feminist girls’ clubs to protect and support each other, to look after each other going out at night, ”

Hmm. I wonder who Swedish girls might need protection from?

• Hereward Unbowed.
      May 28, 2016 at 1:34 pm

So, back in the day, we used to frequent this Dansk, Norsk, Svensk bar in Mallorca, cos of the view and I says to this Nordic vision, “how come all you gals are so pulchritudinous”

and she said, smiling and fluttering her eye lids….

“because all the ugly ones are staying at home!”

“thank God for that”

I said – “get them in!”

• June 5, 2016 at 7:39 am

Sweden appears to be writing its own death sentence foe all to see, sadly….

3. Ed P
    May 28, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Re “single sex clubs”: my local swimming pool has wimmin-only sessions, so I asked (by email) when they would stop being sexist and equalise these with men-only sessions. Predictably, I’m still waiting for the reply. Next emails go to the town council and MP!

4. Bucko
    May 28, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Apparently women only clubs are also a result of the patriarchy. They need a safe space from men or something.
    But you can’t have male only clubs because that’s sexist

• Ed P
      May 29, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Yes, I’m just trying to wind them up and expose their political correctness flaws.
      But seriously, I’d like a (non-gay) men only swimming session, because then it would be possible to do lengths without having to keep overtaking chatting, slow-moving (& generally large) female swimmers.

• Bucko
        June 1, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Yes that would be a benefit 🙂

5. May 29, 2016 at 7:34 am

Difficult to add much to that.

6. Stonyground
    May 29, 2016 at 6:48 pm

As a 58 year old male I can honestly say that, during my lifetime, I have occasionally been subjected to pretty unattainable male body images. Presumably, had I become a Sad, angry man, sitting in my bedsit in my underpants, hating women unattainable to me, that would have been nobody’s fault but my own. If females find themselves in the same situation then it is somehow my fault?

• June 5, 2016 at 7:40 am

It’s ALWAYS your fault. Always!