I Wonder What David Wilkie Would Want For His Grandchildren?

My family became infected with what I have called a disease – a distrust of the police that spans generations. But this week, the government has the opportunity to turn the page on these years.

Last month, the home secretary, Amber Rudd, asked me what an inquiry would mean after all these years. I’m now a grandfather and I want my grandchildren to be able to trust the police, as I was brought up to do, I said.

Well, I guess he’ll never need to worry about it, will he?

7 comments for “I Wonder What David Wilkie Would Want For His Grandchildren?

1. mikebravo
    November 2, 2016 at 2:17 pm

I do not trust the police because they are not trustworthy. This is a conclusion that I have come to after having dealt with them on numerous occasions. Not all of them are dishonest, but enough to stop an honest one breaking ranks.

I don’t think any number of enquiries, with terms of reference set by the so called government would alter that one jot.

• November 6, 2016 at 7:21 am

I fear you may be right. One rotten apples seems capable of spoiling the entire barrel.

2. Errol
    November 2, 2016 at 5:14 pm

The problem is people *think* the police are on their side but in reality they are a giant enforcement system to enact state will. All too often you experience a disinterest in evidence, not bothering to read witness statements or review footage. If they want to get you, they’ll go for you with endless resources and power.

On the miners – I was born with my Dad coming home early due to power cuts. They made a choice not to work and thought that their power was infinite. They were cowards who decided not to work, who wanted to bring political strength to keep their way of life. Now they’re unemployed and unemployable. They brought about their own end.

The hilarious irony is that now these rooted, hate filled idiots continually vote Left and have destroyed the industry they sought to return.

• November 6, 2016 at 7:23 am

That is indeed irony of the blackest sort!

3. November 2, 2016 at 5:56 pm

Sadly, yes.

4. mona
    November 2, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Trust the police? it could be a sign of early stage dementia, “Rotherham” mean anything,, a few years ago the Chief Constable of the Met said, quote ” We (meaning the police) employ more thieves than we catch” unquote,, He meant it.

5. Mr Angry
    November 2, 2016 at 6:59 pm

And how many years did we have a Neu Arbeit Government that took no steps to have an inquiry into this? Of course Mr Burnham has form when it comes to this, he stonewalled and blocked any attempt to look into the fiasco of the Staffs NHS trust. A deathrate and conduct that in any other business would have led to probable corporate manslaughter charges. So now they are reduced to claiming that there were no “flying pickets” but “missionaries” out to spread the true gospel of socialism to the downtrodden ignorant masses too foolish to know that Scabgob and the likes are always correct.