When you first realise you’ve lost; blame everyone else.

They didn’t understand the question!

The ‘Leave’ voters were too thick / too old / too insular / too nationalist-oriented / too ready to believe the ‘Leave’ propaganda.

I wish we could have another ‘go’ at a Referendum, because I feel sick at the prospect of my kids not being able to experience Europe.

And now, from a bunch who really, really should know better:-  “It was all because of the RUSSIANS!”

I readily admit that I voted to Leave; but I honestly did not believe that I would be joined by 17-odd million more, inclusive of hundreds of thousands of Labour voters; who simply, like me, had had enough of the European bullshit, of the lies, of the sheer autocracy, of the built-in inability to listen to anybody apart from the ‘Effing Colleagues!

7 comments for “When you first realise you’ve lost; blame everyone else.

1. April 12, 2017 at 12:29 pm

I like you voted to leave.

Unlike how the Remainers would have you believe, I fully understood the consequences of my actions. I believed the status quo in Brussels and future integration, for instance on tax and armed forces were too much to support without Brussels Quit Pro Quo allowing more democracy into the EU institutions. A modern day representation of the slogan “no taxation without representation”.

Bearing all of the current wrongs of the EU and the future progression, I decided that we needed to leave AT ANY COST. No amount of scaremongering, even if it came true, would have swayed me. I judged the cost, if any would be temporary and that we would recover and would eventually be better off without the millstone of the EU round our necks.

Time will prove me right or wrong, but I am still sure, almost 12 months on that my judgement was sound.

2. Mr Angry
    April 12, 2017 at 9:45 pm

And had the result been the other way? Would we be hearing all this talk of “democracy” and demands for a rerun or would they be saying how wonderful that Britain voted for slavery? Of course not, for the EUSSR, yes votes are signals to go on, no votes are signals that they will continue with even more Europe and another referendum until they vote correctly. After which, of course, there will Never be another vote… EVER.
    I was, like many who voted for freedom, fully aware of the costs involved and quite prepared for the EUSSR to “punish” Britain for daring to stand up for democracy. Referring to me as “ill-educated”, “racist” and whatever else occurs to them simply shows the correctness of my decision.

3. April 13, 2017 at 4:27 am

It was not so much that Remoaners chose to perpetuate the EU, it’s the shoddy tactics, like Project Fear, which helped drive people to Leave.

4. rapscallion
    April 13, 2017 at 10:40 am

The decision was a no brainer. I would rather choke in the gutter on my own blood than bend the knee to the star-spangled sphincter. I’m with M G Phillips on this one

5. NickC
    April 13, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Isn’t it odd how the Remains just know that we “didn’t understand the question”/ “believed the Leave lies”/were hoodwinked by the Russians/etc?

6. Hereward Unbowed.
    April 14, 2017 at 12:14 am

Blue arse, golden stars forming a big hole where no sunshine issues out, Berlin’s little puppets in Brussels – a sphincter – here in the UK for 44 long, terrible years it has shat on us and all we’ve done metaphorically as it is literally – PAY.

The only nation which bestows the veneer of any sort of legitimacy on the anti democratic Empire of doom – is, the United Kingdom. From tarzan, Soros, Ken to Mandelson, Bliar, Major, and Merkel and from de gaulle, mitterand, Schroeder, Schmidt, Brandt, Kohl, Adenauer…..in the past – they know [knew] that simple truth: only too bloody well.

Furthermore, once we leave, the residue peoples will return to what they were before – a peasant rabble in turmoil run by the machinery, administration, enforcement, coercion, logistics and bent banking: of the Communist Fatherland.

7. Watcher
    April 14, 2017 at 8:20 am

I am sure, among the millions of people who voted for Brexit, there was a variety of reasons to go. I had mine, and while everyone else in our house voted to leave too (at least as they told me after; it was a secret ballot after all) I think we all agreed that whatever the EU brought to the table we could get on pretty well without it.

Since we have decided to go, and bearing in mind the pro-stay stance of the MSM on these matters, we are told the EU is variously angry, bent on revenge, petulant and dismissive over Britain’s decision. Apparently we will be castigated, fined, ignored, spat upon and anything else the sock puppets in Brussels can think of. But then, they probably are taking orders from Berlin.

Funny isn’t it how Germany has now tramped through Belgium three times in just over century.