Was the UKIP election rigged?

… or was it all shipshape and Bristol fashion? How much is there in this? It’s doing the rounds just now:

Is the NEC who did for Nigel and let Carswell/Evans run rampant a fine group of upstanding people … or what has been alleged?

Is it all about policies … or about the power of the cabal?

12 comments for “Was the UKIP election rigged?

1. John in cheshire
    September 30, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I never received any voting papers, so I didn’t get to vote. I wonder how many other members were also left out. I’d probably have voted for Anne Marie Waters so my vote by itself wouldn’t have changed the result but if those likely to vote for her had been filtered out then maybe she’d have won.

2. Distant Relative
    September 30, 2017 at 7:15 pm

“Is it all about policies … or about the power of the cabal?”

What are the odds for either?

Look at the company he has kept
    and his CV

• Mudplugger
      September 30, 2017 at 9:36 pm

With a history of those paymasters, Henry looks very much like a plant, and I don’t mean a geranium.

• Distant Relative
        October 1, 2017 at 8:06 am

Maybe a Trifid?

• Mona
        October 1, 2017 at 1:33 pm

You maybe right, almost certainly MI5, served as a policeman, served EU and UN Flags, he is an establishment figure whatever way you look at him, will say things about Islam as a sop to AMW supporters. The Police hate and persecute Tommy Robinson who a friend of AMW. Time will tell.

3. Mona
    September 30, 2017 at 7:15 pm

YES,, AMW demand a rerun and start collecting signatures of support.

4. September 30, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Hmmmm.

5. Mona
    October 1, 2017 at 9:22 am

UKIP can revive and Brexit, just one giant reason just one word,,, “SPAIN”,,, it is still fascist at heart, just like their fascist brothers running the EU where voting means jackshit. our turn to escape fascism.

• Mudplugger
      October 1, 2017 at 9:46 am

Spain is proving a useful example of just how thin the veneer of apparent democracy is there and in the EU – the tougher the Spanish Government gets with the Catalans and the more the EU condones it, the better the example becomes.
      Tough on the Catalans perhaps, but they could be doing us all a favour in the longer term – I’ll go back to Barcelona once it’s free.

6. BobH
    October 1, 2017 at 10:28 am

It wuz the Russians wot dun the Ukip election, after all, Bolton’s wife is a Russki.

That said, having a Russian wife, Bolton is hardly an elite plant. Unless she’s a plant too.

Talking of plants, in comparison to the vegetables in the LibLabCon front benches, I think Bolton’s background experience puts him miles ahead of anything I have seen for years.

7. October 1, 2017 at 12:01 pm

8. October 1, 2017 at 10:49 pm

I don’t think the image proves anything – it could be deliberately spoiled ballots, people adding “none of the above” and so on.

I’ve shared my own thoughts about the result here:

“UKIP Just Made A Very Bad Decision