Halal

… and the RSPCA:

For the first time in my life, I heard from my patient who works as a slaughter man the graphic details of two lines of cattle slaughter – a conventional line and a religious line.

I am appalled and sickened at the horrific treatment of our animals in the latter. [@DrTeckKhong]

14 comments for “Halal

1. Mona
    May 1, 2018 at 9:00 pm

I have felt for a long time that religion is a psycho- social illness, committing appalling cruelty on a animal because of a belief system. Searching for an answer is not easy owing to moral cowardice of our ruling elite,for some strange reason Prince Charles comes to mind.

• May 2, 2018 at 7:54 am

Islam is perfect for the elite – violent, draconian and insane. Not strange bedfellows in the least.

• rapscallion
        May 2, 2018 at 8:27 am

Quite so James. You forgot however that both utterly disregard the will of the people.

• May 8, 2018 at 7:53 am

Spot on!

• May 3, 2018 at 3:40 am

“”I have felt for a long time that religion is a psycho- social illness…””

More thought and less feeling might tease out differences between religions instead of you simply lumping them all together ready to throw out.

• Mona
        May 3, 2018 at 7:20 pm

I thought for some time about blood sacrifice,, I will sacrifice my son,have him tortured because I want to save you all, its worked hasn’t it, whats next on the sin list?

2. May 2, 2018 at 12:57 pm

The problem with completely banning non-stun slaughter is it opens the door to illegal imports of religiously-slaughtered meat, which increases the risk of diseases like foot and mouth.

I do think that the figures the RSPCA give are too low: the amount of Halal meat on sale and used in catering is too high for the RSPCA figures to be credible. Although they do note the percentages could go up or down. I just wonder when the survey was conducted: close to Ramadan maybe?

Clear labelling is one way to inform the public about what they are eating, but such barbarity towards animals has no place in modern Western society for religious reasons or otherwise. People have spent decades campaigning for better animal welfare, all that hard work should not be reversed.

• Mona
      May 2, 2018 at 5:30 pm

Negative thinking dear delphius, banning religiously slaughtered animals may lead to my dream a “Muslim Exodus”

• Pcar
        May 2, 2018 at 9:58 pm

Banning sale of barbaric Halal meat might prompt an exodus.

Banning wearing pyjamas and other similar body coverings in public would be even better.

Where’s PETA’s ban Halal campaign?

• May 3, 2018 at 9:36 am

Mona,

I’m thinking more along the lines of the big 2001 foot and mouth outbreak, which originated from untreated imported Chinese meat being fed to Pigs if I remember correctly.

There’s a perfectly good rang of Vegetarian and Vegan options in the shops these days, so if it’s really an issue…

And it will only affect the really fundamental extremist Muslims, so it’s sort of a win-win situation. Although I’m sure if they started imported Halal meat illegally, it will be one more thing the authorities will turn a blind eye to.

Halal meat is already funding terrorism through the certification process so it’s not like illegal meat imports will start a process. It’s already happening.

3. Robert the Biker
    May 4, 2018 at 7:41 pm

One of the problems is that Jews also have a
    religiously motivated slaughter system to allow meat to be kosher (means ‘sound’) The attempt to rightly ban halal slaughter would have the pigfuckers up in arms calling for a reciprocal ban on kosher slaughter.

• Pcar
      May 4, 2018 at 9:04 pm

Ban Halal & Kosher is solution.

Live in UK, live by our rules.

Added bonus is we will see who are more peaceful – RoPs or Jews

• May 8, 2018 at 8:03 am

It’s not Hymie & Herschel demanding all KFC chicken must be kosher, is it?