Spot the odd one out:
- Greek politicians defenestrate George Papandreou.
- Italian politicians prepare to defenestrate Silvio Berlusconi. In private, opposite politicians concede they would rather let Mario Monti, former European Commissioner, head a government of technocrats.
- No less a set of august personages than the heads of the French and German governments, plus the chiefs of the European Commission, ECB, EU Council and Eurogroup, meets as the “Groupe de Francfort” to find high-level, ad hoc, and yes, technocratic solutions to the never-ending summit malaise. Reuters, rather unkindly, describes them as Europe’s “new Politburo”.
- It is the middle of 2001. Argentina’s president Fernando de la Rua defenestrates finance minister Ricardo López Murphy, just eight days after giving his predecessor, José Luis Machinea, the boot for the failure of Argentina’s IMF-sponsored ‘Blindaje’ recipe of fiscal austerity.
The odd one out is the Groupe de Francfort:
It’s a “top-down” technocracy through and through, by design. However the exceptional thing here is that the Frankfurt Group’s plans for a fresh bailout “bazooka” have already been taken hostage by technocrats themselves, ironically. German technocrats. The ECB doesn’t want to monetise Italian bonds, and more specifically, the Bundesbank will not commit its reserves to backing up the EFSF.
Frankfurt again eh? Part of that group is Lagarde:
Euro nations must “cede a little bit of authority, budgetary sovereignty” to overcome the crisis, Christine Lagarde, IMF managing director said. “Critical decisions” have been made by the European Union to resolve the crisis,’’ Lagarde said in speech at Moscow’s State University of the Ministry of Finance. Ceding some sovereignty is required implement the deal “to the benefit of the global economy as a whole.” ‘
Cede a little bit of authority, eh? Just a tiny bit, nothing so as anyone would notice – such as budgetary authority for the entire nation.
Compare that to February 9th, 1950, when the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee introduced Senate Concurrent Resolution #66 in the States, which began:
“Whereas, in order to achieve universal peace and justice, the present Charter of the United Nations should be changed to provide a true world government constitution.”
The resolution was introduced by Senator Glen Taylor (D-Idaho), who later stated:
“We would have to sacrifice considerable sovereignty to the world organization to enable them to levy taxes in their own right to support themselves.”
Sovereign debt. Conceding sovereignty. Not even pretending to democratic “solutions” any more to a crisis they created. This is the face of Them and this is how it is done. Now lets go back to the NAU and taken straight from their pdf, here is the “little bit of authority” they had in mind being conceded:
b. the judiciary
d. social security
… and simply:
e. opens the borders and creates access and egress via the state constructed NAFTA Superhighways
f. creates a free economic zone within NA shores
… run by the North American Advisory Council [CFR appointees – p53]. Everything else will be under the control of the individual nations.
Greed, with the military and financial power to back it. And where does the money come from? From the vaults of Them in London, Paris, Bavaria, Switzerland. And where did that money come from? Both legitimately and through drugs, porn and crises – from the taxpayers.
The last time that such a cloud gathered across the nations of Europe was in the 1930s. Then it was about war machines, aircraft, storm troopers and one man. This time is is about money, corruption, power and the usurping of national parliaments, elected leaders and the death of democracy.
One august commenter wrote to me in an email:
Unfortunately there are several factors that doom them every time:
- They are incompetent.
- Their solutions are always the exact same thing, just more or less of it.
- It’s never worked before, not going to work now.
- The people/groups proposing the solutions are the same people who stand to gain from seeing the fail.
Also via IPJ:
Think that just about sums it up. Just to state the bleedin’ obvious again – absolutely the wrong people are in control up top. It requires a massive clearout but I suspect if we chop off a few heads, this hydra will grow new ones. It’s the heart, the core which needs to be crippled – the powerhouse driving all this.
May I also humbly yet strongly suggest you take in this series of articles on the “Progressives” changes, through the U.S. states themselves, of the way the Electoral College will work. If you read the fine print, you’d be most surprised and possibly horrified.