Oh, Liberty …

There are interesting and worrying things happening both openly and behind the scenes.

1. Obama – there is something quite wrong about the man … but specifically what can he be pinned on?

2. There is the Irish referendum on Thursday and why it looks like a yes vote – trading sovereignty for what they see as the lesser of two evils. This goes a long way to explaining why our politicians too are of such low quality and are almost going out of their way to be untrustworthy and incompetent. I haven’t bought the incompetence from the start – it would have been dead easy for the whips to ensure MPs were au fait with expenses protocols. People who were competent don’t suddenly become so glaringly incompetent.

3. There is an awful lot of static going on behind the scenes in the sphere and it seems to me an attempt to pick us off one by one. One example is the post in the next day or two on Kimberlin in the States.

4. There is the politicized raiding of Gibson – twice – using Federal agencies, not to enforce the law but what looks like furthering the current administration’s attacks on certain targets.

In each case, the tactics being used are hardball, accompanied by errors of fact which are being cited as reasons to do as they’re doing. There is increasing use, on the left, of swatting, using fake calls. We are entering a quite worrying phase.

Throw in other things as diverse as the effect of cellphones on the body to plastics to stress levels to obesity and poor diet and then throw in the campaign by the PTB against healthy fat eating, smoking, GM foods, e-chemicals even in “fresh” meat, the downside of soy, austerity as a societal depressant and effective weapon, all based on a fictional debt to faux institutions and there is a matrix of things happening, along with the incapacity of the people to either see it or to have the energy and sense of nation to oppose it.

The State inexorably forcing its way into every nook and cranny, never sleeping, ever plotting.

I do not believe in the revolution because all antecedents to the revolution are factored in and taken care of – unlike the way many of us have been conned, these people have a very sharp understanding of history and the lessons from past failures. Just the inability of some people, even after respected bloggers show them what is happening, to accept what they see before them is quite mindboggling. That is, until you see why in the context of all of the above. I don’t know about Mayan calendars and eschatology but I do see political moves, as on a chess board.

We’re the class of people who are always traditionally rounded up early and there are trolls amongst us, wormtongues, when all eyes should be on the main game.

Then there are all the other scare tactics and techniques of hypnosis :

Daily Mail invents terror scare to promote compliance ahead of introduction of intrusive airport security

The author shocked by epiphany: corporations benefit from War on Terror mass-hypnosis:

… but I could only hear one word: “security”. At that point I realised with some shock that she was attempting to induce the hypnotic state that I, as a supposedly unwitting member of the public, was meant to become lulled into by the utterance of that key trigger word …

Have you known a period in your lifetime when there was such a disconnect between those in power and those of us? You may know of some, e.g. during the Winter of Discontent but I’d say there has never been such an open show of disdain for the ordinary citizen in the form of the new mushroom.

And finally, you all know of: “Oh Liberty, what crimes are committed in thy name!” but how about: “Oh Olympics, what crimes are about to be committed in thy name!”

Just because we can’t see these snakes in the undergrowth, doesn’t mean they’re not slithering around in there.

13 comments for “Oh, Liberty …

1. Greg Tingey
    May 29, 2012 at 8:31 am

You plainly have a completely irrational bee in your bonnet about Obama.
    He’s brown. GET OVER IT.

It’s a distinct possibility, particularly if it can be used to discredit Obama, so they can have Hick Sanatorium in charge – now that really, really frightens me.

• May 29, 2012 at 1:52 pm

I’m generally inclined to agree with Greg here. Obama is just another US politician. They are all the same under the skin.

And, yeah, if we think he is bad, Santorium and company think that what happens in your bedroom is the state’s business. Now, that is really, really scary.

• Single Acts of Tyranny
        May 29, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Santorum always looked kinda greasy and plastic to me?

2. Tarka the Rotter
    May 29, 2012 at 9:21 am

Mmm take your point about the Olympics and the creeping legislation and restrictions brought in to make us more ‘safe and secure.’ Leaving all conspiracy theories aside however, it strikes me that the best position for the average citizen to take, at the very least, is healthy scepticism when it comes to anything government says or does. Governments are not our friends…

3. May 29, 2012 at 9:31 am

Greg – “Have you considered that the USSA’s state agencies are out-of-control, and doing what they did under the Shrub, because that’s what crypto-fascists do, anyway?”

Am blogging about exactly this almost every day but I call them Them.

Tarka – “the best position for the average citizen to take, at the very least, is healthy scepticism when it comes to anything government says or does”

Absolutely.

• May 31, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Indeed. The default response to any request from an “authority” should always be

4. May 29, 2012 at 11:30 am

I agree with you James. The restrictions and bullying seem to be be hitting increasingly by the day and coming from numerous almost random directions. I suppose some of that can be explained by people simply taking advantage of the ‘zeitgeist’ – thinking of the lawyers having a go at Witterings from Whitney who wouldn’t have dared in a freer age – but there is still that nagging feeling that the overall situation is being orchestrated.

5. Voice of Reason
    May 29, 2012 at 1:32 pm

James – as a minor point, the physics, biology and epidemiological studies show that cell phones have no effect on the body (on society and driving are other matters).

• May 29, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Yes, I don’t insist on that, of course – just something I had in front of me and threw it in. I have no operational cell phone and don’t know what they do or don’t do.

• May 29, 2012 at 5:40 pm

They make phone calls. Some are little computers and very useful they are, too.

6. May 30, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Liberty – Robert Hunter/Grateful Dead

Saw a bird with a tear in his eye
    Walking to New Orleans—my, my, my
    Hey, now, Bird, wouldn’t you rather die
    than walk this world when you’re born to fly?

If I was the sun, I’d look for shade
    If I was a bed, I would stay unmade
    If I was a river I’d run uphill
    If you call me you know I will
    If you call me you know I will

Ooo, Freedom
    Ooo, Liberty
    O… Leave me alone
    to find my own way home
    to find my own way home

Say what I mean and I don’t give a damn
    I do believe and I am who I am
    Hey now Mama come take my hand
    Whole lotta shakin’ all over this land
    If I was an eagle I’d dress like a duck
    Crawl like a lizard and honk like a truck
    If I get a notion I’ll climb this tree
    or chop it down and you can’t stop me
    Chop it down and you can’t stop me

Ooo, Freedom
    Ooo, Liberty
    O … leave me alone
    to find my own way home
    to find my own way home

Went to the well but the water was dry
    Dipped my bucket in the clear blue sky
    Looked in the bottom and what did I see?
    The whole damned world looking back at me
    If I was a bottle I’d spill for love
    Sake of mercy I’d kill for love
    If I was a liar I’d lie for love
    Sake of my baby I’d die for love
    Sake of my baby I’d die for love

Ooo Freedom
    Ooo Liberty
    O… Leave me alone
    to find my own way home
    to find my own way home
    I’m gonna find my own way home