The chance of mayhem in Westminster after tomorrow depends on Thanet South

So here we are, folks.  You’ve seen and heard it all, you’ve made up your mind or not. I’m hardly going to persuade you, yet let me lay out my thinking here.

Can we seriously put in a party who did the things Labour did from 1997 to 2010?  Iraq war, mass immigration, attempts to change the country, sold out to the EU in signing Lisbon, bankrupted the country?

And then Rotherham and Harman’s PIE?

Clegg’s tuition fees, Cameron’s promises and u-turns, the way the Tories have acted towards UKIP, the dirty tricks, Labour’s thuggery?  Can you in all conscience vote for one of these?

Then UKIP – let’s leave them aside for now.

What do we actually need in Westminster?  Obviously a huge kick up the backside, a real chance they can lose all. Is there anyone, anyone in the nation who could cause trouble in Westminster for us?

Clearly I think there is.  In fact, I would say that it is more important to get him in himself than for that party to have many MPs.

Therefore, the most important seat tomorrow is Thanet South.  That’s the key to the game at this point of 2015. You might not like that party, you might not like him as a man.

He must be in parliament after tomorrow.

6 comments for “The chance of mayhem in Westminster after tomorrow depends on Thanet South

1. May 6, 2015 at 8:12 pm

James,

I agree wholeheartedly. The manner in which UKIP had been dragged down and beaten by the BBC, along with just about all the newspapers, has been a disgrace.

My own view is that his Manifesto should have been treated exactly the same as the other main Parties, instead of being totally ignored.

Fortunately, the British Public spots when there is unfairness, and possibly that same Public might react, excepting of course the ‘herd’, which holds its tribal loyalties so close and so rigidly.

• May 6, 2015 at 9:05 pm

One comment: I can tell you as an Isle of Thanet man, the hospital and GP situation here is bad enough now. Yet there are plans to build thousands more houses in this run-down area. Only UKIP called a public meeting against the scheme in my area. It is also strongly backing a campaign to save historic Manston airfield. Lots of people in Thanet are backing Nigel Farage. They include a young tradesman I met angry that his little brother was one of a tiny few English boys in a primary class. The Tory in Thanet North will be hard to shift but there are hopes for Mr. Farage in South Thanet. Let’s hope indeed!

2. Hereward unbowed.
    May 7, 2015 at 12:34 am

“weeds and nettles, briars and thorns, have thriven under your shadow, dissettlement and division, discontentment and dissatisfaction, together with real dangers to the whole.”

Oliver Cromwell, on Parliament.

Nigel, we need you to be our ‘Lord Protector’. I Pray God that, he may make it so.

3. wiggia
    May 7, 2015 at 7:50 am

Interesting that the news of many of the voting papers sent to expats have failed to arrive in time for registration, especially as polls show a larger percentage of expats would vote UKIP than anyone else.
    How long have they had to organise those papers ?

4. Furor Teutonicus
    May 7, 2015 at 8:19 am

No use in voting.

When all they have to offer is spam, it does not matter HOW many beans they throw in, you still get fucking spam.

• May 7, 2015 at 8:25 am

It’s of use in Thanet South because of the chance to get someone in who is going to crowbar things apart.