Housekeeping

There’ve been three messages from readers this morning saying that they can’t get comments through – “failed spam”.  Guess what – it won’t let me comment either and I’m an admin.

This is hopeless and the usual checks have not solved it.  Our host thinks it’s directed at him when I make contact but I need his input on this, so shall write today.

Can’t promise, obviously but will do what can be to resolve this matter.

9 comments for “Housekeeping

1. Radical Rodent
    October 22, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Testing. 🙂

2. The Jannie
    October 23, 2015 at 8:54 am

Testing testing – that should be twice as effective. 😈

• Flyinthesky
      October 23, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Testing testing testing just to make sure.

I had the issue a few days ago the system accepted the post but it didn’t appear.

3. October 23, 2015 at 10:01 am

OK, what we’re getting is that for some, it is fine, for others, it is not. Don’t know why it’s not but one thing might be Akismet – it’s certainly picking up spam but doesn’t like our API.

This is going to involve some testing, changing one variable at a time and seeing what happens. As for Hereward – hmmm, think “mess” is too strong a term but wouldn’t mind looking at a different theme now.

4. Ed P
    October 23, 2015 at 1:35 pm

There seem to be different versions running: clicking on an article title in the “Latest comments” section, where there are the number of comments listed, brings up the article, but with a different number or even zero comments. Very strange!

• October 23, 2015 at 3:54 pm

There’s definitely a cache issue – I have to refresh each time and then can only get to the front page via the dash. It IS being worked on – if necessary we’ll start over with a new theme and build again coz I’m just as sick of it as readers.

• October 24, 2015 at 7:39 am

Yes, I’ve had that too. Had some odd ‘disappearances’ of the ‘Next Post’ breadcrumb too, when I’ve been Tweeting posts out via mobile.

5. Chuckles
    October 24, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Works fine for me

• October 25, 2015 at 9:21 am

Well it would, by definition.