So you are an illegal immigrant, working without any legal authorisation, in London. You have submitted forged documentation to your employer; and you know that you are liable to deportation at any time if discovered. You work in an up-market Burger operation, and there are lots of your co-workers in the same situation. But somebody smells a large rat, the company decides to co-operate with the Home Office, because if they don’t, they face heavy fines for each individual ‘illegal’. So the company decides to call everyone together for a staff meeting at 09.30, to discuss the ‘dangers of cooking burgers rare or underdone’; but instead of food, they are met by squads of Immigration staff who arrest the ones with false documentation.
But the best bits are the comments from some of those arrested, these comments being reported by, where else but the Guardian. Quotations listed include:–
- “There were 20 of us there, all from Byron. At the beginning, I couldn’t believe what was happening. But then, when I realised they were going to deport us, I felt so bad,” the chef said. “They were destroying everything I have done. I worked hard, I paid taxes and Byron did this to us. It is immoral. They were happy to employ me for years doing really hard work that no British person would do.”
- “Everything had been arranged for that day. It feels like a total breach of confidence by the bosses,” said another kitchen staff member.
- The waiter who witnessed the interviews at her branch said: “It was a fake meeting to entrap these guys who work 50+ hours a week without complaint. Two of the guys who were arrested were paid minimum wage.
- “I was so appalled that the area manager, directors and all those at head office would do this to these guys all to avoid a fine. They were fed to the lions.”
- Amelia Womack, the Green party’s deputy leader, said the “alleged act of underhand trickery from Byron is unforgivable”
Now this last from a politician, who presumably knows the Law of the Land, and, by living here, accepts that Laws are meant to be kept, and if you break the Law, you damn well get punished! But ‘illegals’ are ‘special’ and ‘deserve our understanding’; and all the other liberal bullshit which is regularly spewed out by people who just want to invite everyone in, and damn the consequences.