‘but we buy it for the gossip’ she simpered.

Deviating from decades of self-imposed abstinence, imposed purely on the grounds that I wished not to be so annoyed at the sheer rubbish printed and shown within, I gazed at the side-bar ‘photo-stories’ featuring alleged celebrities on the Daily Mail’s website.

On the day that the Mail reveals that Jeremy Corbyn doesn’t know who ‘Ant and Dec’ are, we are coyly informed that:-

• Some pop-singer’s girlfriend releases pix showing off her ‘toned’ body.
  • An ‘unReality’ tv show star has told everyone her boyfriend has slept with somebody else (I think)
  • Some bloke’s wife is pictured revealing her glamorous body eight months after giving birth.
  • Some other young woman demonstrates her muscle structure whilst exercising.
  • Another young woman is photographed in her underwear ( at least I think it is supposed to be underwear)
  • Two celebrity ‘newly-weds’ go shopping.
  • A young-ish woman shows off her really obscenity-sized engagement ring.
  • And so on….and so forth….ad bloody infinitum.

I must be honest, gazing as I did at all these photos of presumably rich, quite-rich, or sometimes obscenely-rich people as they went shopping, or posing, or arriving at airports; the only impression I gained was how boring it must be to be them.

By the bye, I do know who Ant and Dec are; but fervently wish I did not!

6 comments for “‘but we buy it for the gossip’ she simpered.

1. Richard
    August 18, 2016 at 10:07 am

“Glamour” models are, I recall reading, often asked by photographers to show their “Ant and Dec” during photo-shoots, which is industry shorthand for “Baldy Cunt and Arsehole”.
    NB: Jeremy Corbyn has risen in my estimation by not knowing who these twits are.

2. Penseivat
    August 18, 2016 at 11:35 am

Does Corbyn not know, or not care, who they are? In either case he has risen in my estimation.

3. Ted Treen
    August 18, 2016 at 1:41 pm

I wonder if Ant & Dec know who Jeremy Corbyn is…

4. Hereward Unbowed.
    August 18, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Never mind the bloody DM.

I’ve just heard some bod on the radio, in a ghastly Thames estuary accent proclaiming “I’m in Bucking..HAM….sher, today my issue was accepted by Leicester Univ……ersity [to read] its Criminology course”……………………………..

Fucking yippee.

Dear God, please, please deliver us for ALL graduate ‘criminologists’.

I’ve read most of Agatha Christies, PD James, McBain, Kathy Reichs, Simenon and a few others besides – does/could that make/confer on me as, a criminology qual’?

• August 18, 2016 at 8:36 pm

They’ll get you for hate crimes, Hereward. 🙂

• Hereward Unbowed.
        August 19, 2016 at 10:15 am

James,

Hmm, If only, I could post less tangential comments and frame it more succinctly, drawing deep on dark allusion and the scarcely credible volte face, whereupon a society which has wrapped itself tight to cultural suicide. Cling film suffocation of amorality, demographic transmogrification, ethnic cleansing sanctioned by a government which does not represent the people/electorate!…..It’s insanity and it will do for the west, causing the inevitable and as the clock strikes, heralding the final hours and nigh impending annihilation.
        Logic has been placed on its head and TPTB and the education system has washed it out of kids – batted common sense into the ionosphere – of Mars………….

And we can’t even whisper it, on pain of arrest……Orwell said it all:

“in a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”

How right was he [Orwell]?