Deviating from decades of self-imposed abstinence, imposed purely on the grounds that I wished not to be so annoyed at the sheer rubbish printed and shown within, I gazed at the side-bar ‘photo-stories’ featuring alleged celebrities on the Daily Mail’s website.
On the day that the Mail reveals that Jeremy Corbyn doesn’t know who ‘Ant and Dec’ are, we are coyly informed that:-
- Some pop-singer’s girlfriend releases pix showing off her ‘toned’ body.
- An ‘unReality’ tv show star has told everyone her boyfriend has slept with somebody else (I think)
- Some bloke’s wife is pictured revealing her glamorous body eight months after giving birth.
- Some other young woman demonstrates her muscle structure whilst exercising.
- Another young woman is photographed in her underwear ( at least I think it is supposed to be underwear)
- Two celebrity ‘newly-weds’ go shopping.
- A young-ish woman shows off her really obscenity-sized engagement ring.
- And so on….and so forth….ad bloody infinitum.
I must be honest, gazing as I did at all these photos of presumably rich, quite-rich, or sometimes obscenely-rich people as they went shopping, or posing, or arriving at airports; the only impression I gained was how boring it must be to be them.
By the bye, I do know who Ant and Dec are; but fervently wish I did not!