Battle of Britain Day

Do you see anything about Battle of Britain Day at the Beeb? How many blogs has it been on?

battle-of-britain

Am I missing something here? Have Theresa and Sturgeon not gone to the Cenotaph or something? What’s happening out there?

Wiggia:

I cannot believe the total absence anywhere of the fact it is Battle of Britain day, with only one surviving pilot left are we erasing even this from history.

On a lighter note I give you the Spitfire……….

10 comments for “Battle of Britain Day

1. mona
    September 15, 2016 at 7:22 pm

I am glad the BBC do not mention the Battle of Britain Day, the hypocritical filth that is the BBC, it is a blessing that it does not stain the memory of the sacred few even by mentioning them.

• September 15, 2016 at 7:33 pm

BBC could do with a spot of defunding.

• james wilson
        September 16, 2016 at 6:42 pm

There is no proper level of funding. Any level of funding gets you where you are right now.

• Scrobs...
      September 15, 2016 at 7:34 pm

That’s an interesting take, Mona.

If we’d seen the bbc doing something about such an event, they’d have put their usual sneer on the proceedings.

I’d rather keep my memories of fathers and uncles, than rely on bbc trashy stuff, crap ‘reporting’,nil journalism.

• September 18, 2016 at 8:17 am

Well said. I find the Beeb has lost it’s crown when it comes to memorialising events now – too many of their front staff cannot hide their true feelings.

2. September 15, 2016 at 11:00 pm

The BBC shower which was supposed to ‘comment’ at the River Thames parade of ships for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, were beyond belief. There was a small flotilla comprised of the small boats and launches which went across to Dunkirk; and one of the female air-heads didn’t even know what they had achieved: absolutely ‘effing uselss!

Mona is right, the less said by the bloody Beeb, the better!

3. September 16, 2016 at 8:19 am

It’s a sad indictment. We have now moved just that few years too far on, too many generations on for anyone but the old to care. Contrast that with ANZAC Day downunder, with crowds of young people still attending dawn services and parades.

One reason might be that there are so many days to remember – VE, Dunkirk, start of the BofB, VJ, Armistice.

• james wilson
      September 16, 2016 at 6:47 pm

It is an obvious mistake to regard that time as the “dark days”. People had the clearest possible sense of purpose. What do we think our day is, if not dark?

4. graham wood
    September 16, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Agree all. Perhaps to raise what I suspect may be lowered morale at the lack of public support for B of B day – let me very strongly recommend to you, if you have not already read it, the wonderful account of the birth and flight of our Spitfire.
    “R J Mitchell – Schooldays to Spitfire” by Gordon Mitchell.

So many tributes to the designer of the Spitty, and also to his son who has so graphically recorded its history and significance. I have my doubts that WW2 could have been won without it.
    You will be heartened and inspired.