If I could; I’d join tomorrow.

Overseas, I carried a revolver for around eight years. I bought it for self-defence, for the protection of my family and myself.

I always remember the advice given by the captain on the gun rage where i learned to shoot. He said ‘always aim for the body mass, between the shoulders and the hips. Aim to kill, not to wound, because if the bastard gets up again, he’s gonna’ come again; so finish it the first time!’

I used my revolver three times, once to kill a large, aggressive dog, and twice at human beings. One was coming for me with a knife; but I fired to scare him. A senior police major crapped all over me, and threatened to take my license away. He said, ‘We gave you permission to have and use that gun, but you failed to stop a criminal. He’s alive to rob and maybe kill again!’ The second time I fired was against a clown who was trying to break in to my flat. I fired as he vaulted the back fence; but might have clipped him as there was blood on the drive of the flats at our back. The sergeant was most understanding, as he gave me instructions on how to lead your aim on a moving target, so as to allow for the advance of the target.

As I said, if I could, I’d join tomorrow!

guns101

6 comments for “If I could; I’d join tomorrow.

1. Bucko
    September 26, 2016 at 2:14 pm

I think they do have UK members

• September 26, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Bucko,

Wouldn’t be much point, as I handed in my revolver some twenty-odd years ago.

• Ted Treen
        September 26, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Yes Mike, Hungerford and Dunblane were manna from heaven to the establishment who wanted a completely disarmed (therefore easier to control) populace.

Neither would have happened had Plods in the appropriate position done their job properly, conscientiously and honestly.

• Lord T
        September 27, 2016 at 11:14 am

Err. The title needs changing then as you can but you don’t want to.

Personally, I wouldn’t because they did nothing for UK shooters when the Stasi took everything away. Might be OK in the US but not here.

• Bucko
        September 27, 2016 at 2:18 pm

It would only be a token gesture, granted. Why not get a shotgun?

2. September 27, 2016 at 10:40 am

I carried a Browning 9mm on and off for near 20 years, but only fired a Sten and a Rifle in anger. I would like to have a hand-gun at home even though the place where I live is about as peaceful as one can find anywhere. It will not last, unfortunately.