#boycottwalkers is starting to trend

It started with a throwaway comment about this:

boycott-walkers-crisps

I suggested we boycott Walkers and anyone else trying to exploit Brexit and it got a few retweets. By the end of the day, it was getting about a dozen at a time, then it started to seriously kick in:

walkers-revolt-1

Thought it would die down but looked just now and we have some seriously p***ed off people out there in the community:

walkers-boycott-2

Seconds ago, writing this post:

boycott-walkers-3

Someone even created a hashtag #boycottwalkers. Goodness. Half of it was disdain for using Brexit and half was a serious distaste for Linneker.

So, if you can find it in your heart and you tweet or have a blog, do FB or whatever, please post it.

Update

Just put a new one up and this happened:

boycott-going-well

One more at 17:13:

walkers-down-the-tube

6 comments for “#boycottwalkers is starting to trend

1. Hereward Unbowed.
    November 7, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Present company excepted, I would do, but I don’t do, refuse to do – as the twatterati do.

• November 7, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Probably wise.

• john in cheshire
      November 7, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Me too; I don’t have any social media apps and even try to avoid emails unless absolutely necessary. Having said that I’m pleased that there are so many like minded people out there who are beginning to show their dislike of companies who try to rip us off and small time celebs who presume to impose their opinions on the rest of us. Keep it up James, I’m sure it’s good fun and if it hurts Walkers and Mr Lineker, so much the better. It might just give others who are thinking of raising their prices, pause for a re-think.

2. Mudplugger
    November 7, 2016 at 7:59 pm

One benefit of the widespread coverage of the Marmite case a couple of week ago is that all the newspapers kindly gave us a list of all the famous brands encompassed by that fiercely Europhile corporate. Since then, that list has become my ‘non-shopping list’, as I shall never knowingly buy one of their products ever again.
    it’s a bit rich coming from a company which nominates Switzerland as its token base to avoid as much liability as possible in the very EU which it claims to love so much. They’re just a bunch of cynical opportunists and not deserving of any trade in Britain – boycott the lot of ’em and see how they like it then.

• Hereward Unbowed.
      November 7, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Good points and James Btw and please sir, I did not mean to decry your efforts – I am in 100% accord with your campaign and in saying that, Mr. John in Cheshire – his post reflects my feelings so completely it is almost uncanny, as if he read my mind or, in this case me reading his thoughts and chiming in harmonic appeal.

3. November 7, 2016 at 8:34 pm