Theresa’s big mistake

To call an election with zero / zilch / nada planning, especially in these days of instant news / soshull meejah access / an informed electorate; was just catastrophic.

To call an election because the polls told you that your lead was over twenty points was the action of a person whom has never even heard of Murphy’s Law.

To call an election, and then to deliberately piss off the one large section of your firm supporters in the population by shovelling in a badly planned and even worse-presented attempt to grab some cash off them was just asking for someone; anyone: to point out that Scotland would be exempt from that same grab, was the action of someone who just thought it would be a great idea.

To call an election, and again piss even more of your supporters of by telling them that they would have to fund their own decline into dementia / senility / dotage; but that funding would be delayed until they actually died was probably the act of a Corbyn supporter disguised as a Tory.

To call an election, and then to release a Manifesto which has no affordability / no costings attached was either the work of a political neophyte; or the attitude of an arrogant and overwheening woman who just KNEW that she would get by on a slogan, and nothing, nothing else.

To call an election, and watch as her main opposition leader, a pacifist, a Marxist, a friend of terrorists, a man who holds the absolute contempt of 80% of his own MPs, becoming almost majestic and composed; is the work of someone who really deserves to bloody lose!

14 comments for “Theresa’s big mistake

1. June 6, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Amen. I think I know whom I’m voting for but truth is – I’m going to wait until I’m in that booth this time around.

2. Hereward Unbowed.
    June 6, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I think you assume far too much of mother theresa, she’s a pawn not a mover and shaker, true she was groomed for a ‘just in case we lose the referendum’ scenario but that’s where it ends.

I think the cock up is calculated, the massive killer German squid has tentacles which reach long into London and the remoaniac nest of festerers/rats, a muddled political landscape, a hung Parliament – even, that’s just so fekkin perfect.

We’ll never, ever be allowed to LEAVE the EUSSR-Berlin slaver.

• Ted Treen
      June 6, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Perhaps a latter-day Wat Tyler might appear; and achieve a lasting success this time.

• Hereward Unbowed.
        June 6, 2017 at 4:25 pm

I fear that, either it will have to be some sort of popular movement, civil disobedience focuses minds very much in the seats of power, it must be done very carefully and when you see how the truck drivers almost did for Bliar’s lot – it can be done. The Frogs are quite practised is this but they are violent with it and always nothing much is solved – either way for the protestors or the equivocators in Paris.
        The British could do it far more profficiently, expertly and if peacefully done would produce the sort of real, shire based, effective people power the nation lost and since craved for, post the Normans invaded.

Or?

The EU goes tits up and that is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, seeing as it [Berlin-Brussels Empire] is, built on an ocean of debt, a single dysfunctional €spondulick and people just hate the fat burghers, ie the masters in the Fatherland – oh and all the rools are drawn up to suit – Germany.

3. Judd
    June 6, 2017 at 3:09 pm

If there was one, just one, positive reason to actually vote for someone this time it would be something.

As it is, unless the tories pull something out of the bag, and present it in a way it cannot be altered after…i long ago gave up believing a single word a professional politician says…by tomorrow night, then this will be the first time since i voted no to Heath’s common market betrayal that i have no one to vote for.

Between them they arn’t even worth 20 minutes to nip up the polling station to write none of the above on the slip.

Safe pair of hands to handle Brexit my backside.

• Errol
      June 6, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Today on the wireless we had the Corbyn Broadcasting Corporation talking to Boris Johnson. Johnson wanted to set the narrative, the CBC continually referenced what Jeremy Corbyn had said then when Boris challenged this, they went back to something else but eventually came back to Corbyn.

You’d think he had engaged the BBC as his personal promotions agency. Utterly unchallenged, neatly devised to ignore the context and snippets taken to flag against every single possible discussion. it was almost as if the interview were running a party political for the Labour party while Boris was there as antagonist to promote Corbyn.

As it was, neither side said anything worth saying. The twists and lies from the BBC were tiresome, Boris just trying to bash and snipe in his own way.

Nothing positive, nothing valuable, nothing to vote for.

Both parties are interventionist, wasteful, arrogant, expensive, big state little achievement dross. What did we do to get these utter fools? I thought May was a steady pair of hands. Workmanlike, but steady, able and willing to just get on with the job despite her personal feelings. I just don’t get it. I’m showered with dribbling propaganda and none of my challenges have been answered – they ever are: politicians don’t like answering ‘where’s all the money gone’.

I despise them, but before it was apathy, now it’s active disgust.

4. mona
    June 6, 2017 at 6:50 pm

I think there is a distinct possibility UKIP may get one or two MP’s the political class are collectively responsible for the horror unfolding before our eyes, one way or another we are in for some long drawn out Blood, sweat and tears

• Mudplugger
      June 6, 2017 at 8:44 pm

UKIP will not get a single MP and will lose many deposits – its single purpose has been achieved, fingers crossed, so it’s back to politics as usual. But also, given the implosion of the Lib Dems and the irrelevance of the Greens and others, it seems that UK (certainly English) politics has become more binary than ever in my lifetime.
      The stark choice between the two options may not appeal: I suspect many voters will turn up, hold their noses and apply ‘lesser of the two evils’ principles on Thursday.
      Far better than not voting at all and thus denying your qualification to complain after the event.

• mona
        June 6, 2017 at 9:40 pm

You may well be right, but never in my wildest dreams could I have seen my Country standing on such a precipice.

• Graham Wood
          June 7, 2017 at 10:07 am

Mona. For once I heartily agree with you.

When I see and hear TM I come over all faint, but when I see or hear JC I get an unshakeable fit of the horrors.
          Oh, woe is us who have to endure such choices!

5. Errol
    June 6, 2017 at 8:44 pm

I find it astonishing that no one asks ‘what’s happened to our national insurance contributions? Where have those gone?’

But of course, no one asks where our taxes have gone because the state knows, but won’t admit it’s urinated them down the drain on trougher salaries.

Theresa May is really quite shocking. She called an election she could have walked, and proceeded to say ‘we are going to take the home from pensioners when we want to pay for their care’. What – in the name of !trousers! was she thinking?

That she believes the state is useful is her first error. That she thinks it can make a difference is her second. Government has one job: to cut taxes and get out of the way of the worker. This hilariously, stupidly Left wing state can’t manage even that simple activity.

6. June 7, 2017 at 3:37 am

Perhaps the election can be resolved if we in Oz send over our very best political actors. KRudd, JuLiar and Turdball. I know the first two are available and the third can be arranged at shortish notice. They can bring their own PM Knives.

7. Stonyground
    June 7, 2017 at 7:55 am

“UKIP will not get a single MP and will lose many deposits – its single purpose has been achieved, fingers crossed, so it’s back to politics as usual.”

As far as I can see, UKIP’s purpose is very far from achieved, I don’t trust the politicians for one second. Most of them don’t want Brexit and if they can find a way to wriggle out of doing it they will. I will still be voting for UKIP, at least when the inevitable total screw ups occur post election, I will be able to say that I didn’t vote for the bastards responsible.

• Mudplugger
      June 7, 2017 at 9:01 am

The clue was in the ‘fingers crossed’ bit – most Leave voters simply wanted to set the EU exit-train in motion and are now prepared to grant Theresa May their temporary trust to make it happen. UKIP were never going to be in a position of governing power to make it happen, so May offers the most feasible bet currently available.
      If, however, she fails to deliver, then UKIP can and will return, strengthened and emboldened (and properly led), to force through the referendum result, by whatever means, some of which could be very ugly. Let’s hope that does not prove necessary.