Representing The Community…

A Met Police officer has become the first “bi-gender” officer in Britain.

It comes after Scotland Yard launched a diversity initiative encouraging officers to “be themselves at work”.

The officer now has two warrant cards, one in their male name and the other in their female name. They can report for work in either male or female uniform.

Is it me, or…?

8 comments for “Representing The Community…

1. graham wood
    June 18, 2017 at 9:24 am

No Julia, its not you (I suspect its 99.9% of the UK population too)

Truly the mind boggles. It has all the makings of some sort of permanent comedy, or rather farce. What it needs is a response in terms of some not too subtle satire and ‘sending up’ by comics such as the two Ronnies or the other funny duo (something & Byrd – name I have forgotten).

The potential for side splitting exploitation is huge. But don’t look to the PC BBC to even attempt it.
    “Sorry I’m late reporting for duty sarge, but it took me some time to change into my bra and skirt…… and ……” You get the drift.

• PoppaBear
      June 18, 2017 at 1:54 pm

Not that I’m trying to disagree, far from it but I think Monty Python would make the best of this.

2. Penseivat
    June 18, 2017 at 10:41 am

It must be really interesting when searching a prisoner. Does the officer go into her feminine side when searching a female and his masculine side when dealing with a male? Which toilet does he/she use, or is there a separate cubicle available? Tommy Cooper did a brilliant skit on playing both a German officer and a British officer at the same time. Never realised he was foretelling the future.

3. Henry Kaye
    June 18, 2017 at 1:25 pm

There will be lots of jokes about this but I’m afraid I don’t see the funny side. I’m 85 years old and I’m beginning to look forward to leaving this terrible world with so many “inhuman” things not only happening but being deliberately created.

4. Distant Relative
    June 18, 2017 at 3:00 pm

The Tavistock Institute will be holding the Policeman’s Ball and the Policeman’s Other Ball this year.

5. John in cheshire
    June 18, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Isn’t the Home Secretary, Amber Rudd, when she gets back her job, in control of this sort of thing! Why had she, together with the Conservative government, taken leave of their senses. I think this is evil but at the least it is insane.

6. PJH
    June 18, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Do Abi and Callum get separate performance reviews? Separate pay packets?

How does the rota work?

What happens if Callum arrested someone and has to appear in court but its Abi’s turn to inhabit the body that day?

Enquiring minds etc…

7. June 19, 2017 at 4:31 am

Such a part will very soon be written into a TV cop show. We can be thankful that ‘Morse’ is all done and dusted and can’t be ‘brought up to date’, and I can just imagine how ‘Frost’ would have dealt with Abi the hyperventilating ‘ello, ‘ello.