The Omnibus sellout

17:57  British time:

RT has just reported that DJT has withdrawn his objections and signed the bill.

If that is so, then there are two horrors – firstly the bill which tramples on what he was elected on but even more worrying is that someone advised him wrongly.

Going back to his election, I was watching the footage and Pence and Ryan quite clearly grinned at each other, as if in cahoots.  I blogged on that at the time but no one seemed to have seen it.  I thought then that he was probably unaware of many who said they were loyal to his agenda he was elected on.

How did the bill even get this far without DJT knowing?  Someone has quite clearly been telling him porkies and assuring him all will be fine – someone he trusts.

It’s not fine and he himself noted today that various things were missing from this bill, which is a Democrat bill in content.  We know Ryan and McConnell have pushed this through on the GOP side.

He seems to have no concept, DJT, that if he has signed it, he has lost his grassroots.

17:14 British time:

DJT has called a news conference:

News conference at the White House concerning the Omnibus Spending Bill. 1:00 P.M. [8 p.m. GMT]

13:08 British time:

I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) 23 March 2018

15 comments for “The Omnibus sellout

1. john in cheshire
    March 23, 2018 at 1:57 pm

What depressing news.
    I pray that President Trump refuses to sign the Bill.

• March 23, 2018 at 5:25 pm

We’ll know at 8 p.m.

2. Distant Relative
    March 23, 2018 at 6:18 pm

Pres Trump Participates in a Bill signing. Starts 30-ish mins in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiBXRZtkyRg

3. john in cheshire
    March 23, 2018 at 7:02 pm

James, sorry to be a bore but can you help me understand something about Russia, you having lived there for some time.

I’m watching an interview on RT with President Putin’s press spokesman, Dmitri Peskov.

I’m trying to understand the difference between say a discussion about Mrs May as our political leader and President Putin.

Here, if it was the bbc interviewing Mrs May’s press spokesman ( whoever that might be ) they’d be disrespectful, disparaging and antagonistic.

This interview with Mr Peskov is primarily supportive with a mild questioning of him about President Putin.

My thought is this: the far-left bbc or any other media outlet for that matter, can be aggressively antagonistic about our Prime Minister because even if she is deposed, the political machine relentlessly marches on.

But, in the case of Russia, if it isn’t President Putin, the alternative is less certain and he is more important to Russia than Mrs May is to our country.

Is there any validity, in your experience, in that conclusion?

4. Pcar
    March 24, 2018 at 12:36 am

@James,

Inevitable that DJT would be hoodwinked by “never Trump” GoPs, thank God he realised and vetoed this time.

I admire DJT’s strength and fortitude against so many establishment – inc May & BoJo – stabbing him in the back .

• March 24, 2018 at 6:22 am

But he didn’t veto – he signed.

• Pcar
        March 24, 2018 at 8:49 pm

Ah, reading again I see where I went wrong.

Please write in chronological order. Reverse order meant I thought last paras were most recent events.

5. Wolfie
    March 25, 2018 at 8:34 am

DACA is also going to be stillborn as there will be nobody left by the time they get around to it. Massive ICE operations as I write.

6. March 25, 2018 at 9:38 am