And For Once, It’s Not ‘Tell Mama’….

A recent brutal and racist attack on an Asian man in a city park prompted the Oxford Labour Muslim Network to call for condemnation from Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council.

For once, it’s not the usual suspects! Makes a nice change.

In a statement the group said: “Hate crimes do not take place in a vacuum, bigotry flourishes when our politicians, elected officials and public figures create an environment where bigotry and hate is normalised.”

So, this ‘Asian man’ was assaulted by people wearing Conservative rosettes, or MAGA baseball caps, was he?

On Saturday, July 14, a 35-year-old Asian man was walking through Bury Knowle Park in Headington at about 7pm when he was confronted by a white man and woman pushing a buggy.

The man racially abused the victim before swinging three punches into his head, knocking him to the ground.

The victim was left with a broken nose and possible fractured cheek bone and was taken to hospital.

Sergeant Christopher Ball described it as ‘an unprovoked assault.’

Hnnn. No mention of why this is classed as a ‘racist’ attack? No motive suggested for why a couple with a small child might launch an ‘unprovoked attack’ on a stranger?

7 comments for “And For Once, It’s Not ‘Tell Mama’….

1. July 30, 2018 at 10:18 am

Sounds like the Oxford Labour Muslim group is engaging in a little bit of shroud waving over this case. We only have the alleged victim’s word that there were ‘racial’ words ‘being used and this gets to the heart of one of the major problems with all ‘hate crime’ laws which is that they rely on the often faulty ‘perception’ of the alleged victim.

I must admit that a couple with a baby in a buggy looks like an awfully unusual type of attacker. I smell something odd about this case and think that it could be less than what either the police or the Muslim whiners are claiming it to be. A person pushing a buggy would need a damn good motivation to attack someone like this and I wonder how squeaky clean this alleged victim is or is this a retaliatory attack for something that the alleged victims has done or has thought to have done?

I don’t think that either the police or the Muslim whiners are telling the entire truth about this case.

• john in cheshire
      July 30, 2018 at 11:26 am

I’m assuming the muslim said or did something to require the couple to defend themselves and or their child.

• July 30, 2018 at 12:38 pm

John, you seem to be thinking along similar lines to how I’m thinking about this case. The profile of the alleged attackers, a man accompanied by woman who is presumably his partner and their child does not fit what I know from my experience as a court reporter and from reading accounts of similar cases, with the sort of people who usually carry out such random and ‘unprovoked’ attacks. Mostly the profile of such attackers are young men either alone or in smaller or larger groups or occasionally a middle aged man. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a family group engaging in an attack like this.

It is probably prudent to assume that the Muslim may well have said or done something to make the couple feel that they had to fight back against the Muslim. As a parent myself I wouldn’t dream of getting involved in any sort of aggro when accompanying my son firstly because it would not be appropriate and secondly I would want as a priority to keep my kid out of any aggro.

The fact that the Muslim Labour Group are being so vocal about this may indicate that there is more to this case than meets the eye or which the police are admitting. This Muslim group are certainly exploiting this incident but for what reason? Could it be to cover up some malfeasance on the part of the alleged victim of this attack or as political leverage against the council and the police to promote pro-Islam policies? One thing I do know is that I don’t beleive that the Muslim group may be telling the entire truth here

• Pcar
          July 30, 2018 at 8:18 pm

@Fahrenheit211, July 30, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Pikeys?

• July 31, 2018 at 5:46 am

Good point I should have said ‘normal’ families. This could be pikeys.

🙂

2. Penseiveat
    July 30, 2018 at 10:27 am

I believe the term used by the Police these days, is, “selective evidence”. It sounds better than deliberately withholding evidence from the defence, not that the current lot of coppers would do such a thing. Oh, hang on……..

3. July 30, 2018 at 10:32 am

Selective evidence indeed. I wonder if the police or any of the local Labour Party mob would be so publicly handwringing over the case of a Muslim attacking a non Muslim in this way? I would assume not judging by how the local force sat on evidence of Islamic Rape Gang incidents going on in Oxfordshire for years.