Anti LibLabCon Brexiteers split three ways

Tory war chest ready, printing presses mobilised, Farage fed £1m to split the anti LibLabCon vote.

UKIP 7%, AMW rainbow coalition maybe the same, new Farage Party 7% or so?

Issue is who stands in a particular constituency on June 6th. In my case, it is Labour and about five shades of socialists, one Greenie, one Tory, sometimes an independent who used to be UKIP, not anything now. Sorry state of affairs.

Truth is that if Farage puts up the outside candidate, one would be forced to vote for him, ditto UKIP, ditto AMW if she ever had a candidate up this way – Lewisham is a long way away.

I’m assuming of course that the three factions don’t stand against each other. If they did and one was Brexit but the other anti-invasion, interesting dilemma, eh?

Either way, my vote would end up meaning as much as it ever does, swamped by the red tide.

7 comments for “Anti LibLabCon Brexiteers split three ways

1. February 3, 2019 at 10:23 pm

Let’s look at this in more detail and these are perceptions of many I’ve spoken with, not what the party actually states.

UKIP pros

Batten strongly pro Brexit, anti hordes now.

UKIP cons

Batten soon to retire, NEC are Tory apologists.

AMW pros

Strongly anti hordes.

AMW Cons

Brexit an afterthought, gay/tranny/rainbow agenda.

Farage Party Pros

Arron in there, has the money to campaign

Farage Party Cons

Only Brexit, soft on the hordes.

I put similar on Twitter some time back and was attacked by an AMW campaigner. I replied to her that it was an interesting way to get my vote – after all, I am a voter who will only vote for one of these, plus I will vote, not a doubt of it.

Oh, she said, maybe she was a bit hasty.

So how about we think this one through and see if we can rationally find a solution, eh? As for me, my attitude right now, as I say, is that I’m a voter who will vote and only for one of these three.

So???

2. James Strong
    February 4, 2019 at 8:01 am

Vote for a new Brexit party. Probably Leave Means Leave are the closest to being the right way to go.

In an election you’ve got to persuade lots of people about your ideas and carry them with you.

There is no chance at all of any AMW party carrying numbers with them. Note, I say nothing about the quality of their ideas. And her name recognition in the ordinary world is as close to zero as makes no difference.

There is very little chance of UKIP as currently constituted carrying numbers.
    Cosying up to Tommy Robinson is a self-inflicted double barrel shotgun to the guts. Again, I sat nothing about the quality of the ideas, but Tommy Robinson will turn many people away because of the way he is presented in the media.

But if you can get known, charismatic front men from a number of different parties then they will benefit from their ideas, and from the fact that they are known and recognised and they WILL get coverage whereas others will probably be ignored.

I would say: Farage, Kate Hoey, Gisela Stuart, JRM, Boris as a start.

I’d get some focus group work done, knock a few heads together to smash some individual leadership ambitions, and go with the perceived most appealing leader and front team.

I would also point out a number of things that are negelected:

The EU has long since ceased to be a common market. It’s about non-democratic supranational politics. We need to convince people that our argument is not with the peoples of the nations of Europe, it is the non-democratic Brussels EU Commission and its works.

I would make a virtue of the prominent Leavers who are married to foreigners.

Staying in the EU is NOT the staus quo.

Trade will look after itself over time, giving up sovereignty will not.

Campaign on both positive and negative, depending on focus group feedback. There is a whole world out there.

Look at the problems ahead in the EU, and expose how Project Fear has made so many inaccurate predicions.

———————————————————————————

And stop talking about ‘hordes’. Again it doesn’t matter about the quality of your ideas, you’ll persaude nobody with language like that.

• February 4, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Quite right. Golden Hordes.

3. Valentine Gray
    February 4, 2019 at 1:06 pm

A United Front a near as possible, and the issues kept as clear possible like, “How many countries do you want to spend your money?” –“How many countries do you want to pay taxes to?– “How many European politicians do you want to run your lives?”, “Are you happy with the state Europe is in right now?”. -Something on those lines. An interesting Bellwether is Tommy Robinson the way the thought Police react to him,, quite spooky, unlike the Essex police to crime

• February 4, 2019 at 6:53 pm

The clock ticks on.

4. Pcar
    February 4, 2019 at 11:05 pm

“Tory war chest ready” – ready for donations as donors and party members on strike. Ticket sales for black-tie meet ministers dinner very slow.

Labour led by Grandpa Death

Conservatives by Grandma Death

@James,

You omitted AMW’s FB is also Green & Vegan and led by a foreigner – niche of a niche party

EU

Phil Campion thinks we should make it harder for migrants to cross the Channel.

Agree. Stop offering a taxi service to UK; RNLI supporters are stopping donations.

HM Border McBoaty – “Taxi to South Georgia or are you going back to France?”

Verhofstat rant – he implies France is a third world sh!thole with millions wanting out, but Germany et al closed so UK must accept all fleeing France.

5. February 5, 2019 at 3:45 pm