Just had the most brilliant idea …

No, really I have. I used to call it Clean Exit December 2016, Pay Not a Penny, but now there must be a new name for it. What about this one I just invented:

NO DEAL

Sounds catchy to me, I know it’s going to come as a shock to most readers.

Not only do we pay nothing to the EU but we send them our bill for the inconvenience.  It requires a certain amount of chutzpah and that’s a nice term because it upsets the FCO so much.

However, methinks someone has tried to muscle in on my patch before:

During a debate with Labour MP Roy Jenkins of the Yes campaign, hosted by David Dimbleby, Mr Benn’s arguments can be seen as resoundingly prophetic for many Brexiteers today.

Mr Benn said: “First of all, I do not for a moment anticipate we shall have difficulty in negotiating the best trading arrangement with the EEC – the arrangement that suits us best.

“And I tell you why, because we are their very best customers. Can you imagine what the Germans are going to say to us?

“[Have some] common sense for a bit. Are they going to threaten they won’t sell us their Volkswagen?

“Are the French going to threaten they won’t sell us their butter?

“Are the Italians going to deny the right to buy their wine?”

The Labour MP added that once the UK will leave, it will again have the right to “invest in the recovery of British industry, free from the control under Article 92 of the Commission”.

He concluded: “We have really got to have confidence in this country’s capacity to survive with world markets as we have always done.”

Bstd!  Those were my lines.  However, bear with me here:

Let’s imagine there was a vote in the Commons over various Remain options and then a week later, another vote, then another, then another and so on.

But knowing what Benn said and also knowing this:

Knowing how much the Germans want their hands on our finances, plus they detest the upstart French, plus Macron detests Britain in that gracious way de Gaulle adored us, methinks Macron will have a pit of fique and flatly refuse to extend after April 12th, which is great.

So it would not be just Gina Miller we need to thank. Her job done, she can then catch the next boat back to British Guava.

Neat, eh?  While they’re all fighting each other, Article 50 says we’re already out, OK, it’s just that no one understands that yet, plus on April 12th, they’ve got absolutely bloody nowhere.

In fact, it’s not unlike this scenario:

So that’s it, Laze and Gem – quietly leave while they’re not watching.

Hang on, something’s just come through – an award of some sort – well that’s very kind of y’all for voting for me:

They love me, they love me.  Oh, hang on again, something else has just come through on the ticker:

11 comments for “Just had the most brilliant idea …

1. Bil
    April 2, 2019 at 1:26 pm

And you all will too pic.twitter.com/Fx3LdiW5KB— Old Holborn✘ (@Holbornlolz) April 2, 2019

• April 2, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Bill, keep voting, become Citizen Bill. 🙂

2. mona
    April 2, 2019 at 1:50 pm

My description of a no deal Brexit, how about a –“BOOM BOOM BREXIT”– beats “Crash out” by the doom mongers.

• April 2, 2019 at 3:18 pm

Make sure you patent that.

3. decnine
    April 2, 2019 at 3:28 pm

I prefer “Crash Out”. As in “The Great Crash Out” (from Stalag Luft 3).

4. Pcar
    April 2, 2019 at 11:54 pm

No Deal

Cash Out

The Great Escape

MP’s Treason consequence:

Their hated Populisim grows

How does C4 News John Snow react? “I’ve never seen so many white people” (Leave Means Leave march in London) – OFCOM complaints growing.

5. Pcar
    April 2, 2019 at 11:55 pm

@bin duties – again

6. Pcar
    April 3, 2019 at 12:40 am

News

Tommy Robinson | Now banned from YouTube ( More news to Follow)

YouTube BANS Tommy Robinson

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube…. buckle to Gov’t, SJW & Left “tolerant, diverse, inclusive, equality” pressure

Gov’t own goal – bolsters Populism again. Nothing to hide Mr Gov’t?

7. Doonhamer
    April 3, 2019 at 11:38 pm

If Bercow was on his bum his speech would be muffled.

8. Andy5759
    April 4, 2019 at 12:22 am

Just seen a headline on the Indy, EU says no negotiations after No Deal Brexit until we agree to divorce bill and Irish backstop. If they can’t have us they want our fuckin* money and they want Ulster. Bring on a second referendum or peeeples vote, the majority for leave with no deal will scare them shitles*. Also understand that new EU regulations to standardise letter boxes on our front doors! I’ve been digging into EuReferendum blog for details about water supply. Water meters equal water rationing by another name – EeffinU told us to stop building new reservoirs. The quiet, polite English are about to roar.

Whew, got that off me chest.