Travesty

There are some grounds on which this is wrong:

1. The flawed process which the judge admitted when releasing TR;

2. The drumming up of two new charges just to make sure;

3. The fact that the BBC had already reported what TR said into the device – that’s where he got it from;

4. The treatment within prison which was very much a factor as to TR’s safety;

5. The manner of the non-jury hearing, the way bench and prosecution worked in tandem, the way they were gunning for him.

To me, N3 is the most outrageous and also the one people I know are speaking of. His betrayal by three people close to him [post passim] is also unforgivable.

17 comments for “Travesty

1. Valentine Gray
    July 5, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Dear Gerard, it is not a travesty of justice as Justice is not involved, it is political expediency using the legal system for political ends, he has now been tried twice and faces a further trial by a Sharia court when in Prison. The persons delivering judgment at the Old Bailey will deliver a sermon on the seriousness of Tommy’s crimes which must be considered more serious than the crimes he was reporting on. I wish all the best for him and his family

2. Wolfie
    July 5, 2019 at 9:02 pm

I think anyone of sound mind expected this outcome. Britain has become a very strange place indeed.

If he cared about his family he would give it a rest and find another profession. You cannot fight the system like this, we are not the people we used to be.

• Mona
      July 5, 2019 at 9:11 pm

You are right, give it a rest and give your family some peace for a while, let some others take the burden for a while he has done more then enough for his country.

• Twisted Root
      July 5, 2019 at 10:11 pm

Yes, expected outcome which should be shocking in itself.

Do you really think they will allow him to shrink into the background? He is more impulsive than strategic, but the impulse to surrender would be a more dangerous course.

3. Mark Matis
    July 5, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Sure would be a shame if there were soon dead plods…

4. john in cheshire
    July 5, 2019 at 10:07 pm

The evil is now out in the open. I pray that Tommy Robinson and his family can survive the onslaught. In the meantime, I also pray that enough people in our beleaguered country wake up, realise what is being done to us by collectivists and start to resist.

5. July 6, 2019 at 2:11 am

“Interested to hear views on the Tommy Robinson case. While I’m not a fan by any means, I do feel quite uncomfortable about this case as I and most of my colleagues have done exactly what he has done with no repercussions. Is there an agenda?” – Kate Adie

• Twisted Root
      July 6, 2019 at 6:11 am

Someone could tell Ms Adie that what he has done is embarrass the media, police and government by highlighting the non-existent 30 year media campaign to expose police and government complicity and connivance in the brutal rape of thousands of young girls. No one is going to thank an ill-mannered oik for bellowing at the top of his lungs about this when there are the reputations of proper people at stake.

Oh, and Ms Adie is just as cowardly as the rest with her ‘I’m not a fan’ caveat.

• James Strong
      July 6, 2019 at 7:48 am

From what I have just read at the Telegraph it seems that Ms. Adie is wrong. Tommy did his publication while reporting restrictions were in place.
      The Press observes reporting restrictions.

I think I understand the anger of people on this site but you need to do at least two things differently:

stick to facts

write more clearly.

6. James Strong
    July 6, 2019 at 7:14 am

I’m afraid your point 3 is not at all clear.

What is the ‘device’?.

Is ‘it’ the device? Is ‘he’ Tommy Robinson? And did ‘he’ get ‘it’ from the BBC?

Or does it mean that ‘it’ is the content of what Tommy said but that Tommy had got the content of what he said from a previously published report on the BBC?

Or should I infer that the BBC reported what Tommy Robinson said before Tommy himself put it up on social media, but that Tommy’s comments were original?

Finally, for now, I haven’t yet seen any comments about the strategy adopted by Tommy’s defence team.

7. James Strong
    July 6, 2019 at 7:42 am

Was Tommy convicted by a jury?

• July 6, 2019 at 7:47 am

Nope, by appointed judges. Habeas corpus does not apply in his case. He’s TR.

8. Tcheuchter
    July 6, 2019 at 9:28 am

By pure coincidence shortly after the TR verdict was announced I came across my copy of Heather Brooke’s The Silent State, opened it at random and found the following:

“What both [ ] cases reveal is the lengths to which the state will go in pursuing individuals who challenge its authority. [ ] public bodies are spending vast amounts of our money pummelling us with propaganda and persecuting those who dare question their view of reality.”

I think that was published in 2010. Things have not improved it seems.

• July 6, 2019 at 9:34 am

Also, nice summary:

1) Robinson was there covering the sentencing, not the trial, which had concluded.
      2) Therefore he could NOT have had any effect ON the trial.
      3) Media restrictions were NOT displayed at the court
      4) He was reading out what the BBC had reported

9. Valentine Gray
    July 6, 2019 at 10:11 am

I did two drawings last night, the letter T was leaning over and below the letter R had a noose through it with uth below reading T.R.uth hanging from a gibbet, another name Assange being hung along side. The drawings I will call the Truth Gallows.