This is getting worse

Let’s see if I have this clear. NF stands down PPCs in ALL Tory seats, inc. Remoaners. However, BJ still fields candidates in, say, Hartlepool?

NF has been had and everyone who paid £25 has been had by NF. Enjoy the peerage.

9 comments for “This is getting worse

1. Pcar
    November 12, 2019 at 12:56 am

Farage has come under a lot of pressure from DM, DT, Spec etc to “stand down” imo good decision, but should have been all Leave MPs not all Cons – eg Marie Miller (Con, Remain) should be challenged

Dear Brexiteer,

Today in Hartlepool, I made clear The Brexit Party’s strategy for the General Election. I always said that I would put country before party – and I meant it.

We want to stop the Remainers winning enough seats to introduce a second referendum, offering us a false choice between Remain and Remain. That’s why we are not going to contest the 317 seats that the Conservatives won in 2017. For months…

A moments thought on these figures, incumbents & party’s votes – shows why Farage is stymied

Portsmouth South: Stephen Morgan, Labour – vociferous EU supporter

Portsmouth: 58.1% Leave EU

Farage should target Remainer MP seats – but unless Johnson agrees to a Leave Alliance he’s between a rock & a stone

• November 12, 2019 at 2:26 am

The simple point is NF has lost big. Take Hartlepool where they stood a good chance. BJ is standing down no one anywhere. They are contesting Tice and now have the nerve to demand even more – Farage has either sold out or has been sold a pup.

Why is TBP not contesting Remain Tory seats? It simply doesn’t add up, whichever way it’s spun.

2. November 12, 2019 at 4:13 am

wattyler3:

This is a mistake by Nigel Farage. Most Brexit voters know that the Tories do NOT intend to deliver Brexit. They intend to deliver BoJo’s Surrender Treaty instead, and by doing this, Farage is facilitating that outcome.

In fact, this may split the pro-Brexit vote more than if the Brexit Party had stood in every constituency on an uncompromising clean-break Brexit ticket.

If Brexit voters think that Farage might support BoJo’s Surrender Treaty, many will vote for UKIP or For Britain, if those parties field candidates.

• Pcar
      November 15, 2019 at 12:47 am

Agree

Johnson’s Surrender Treaty is Brino

Johnson can spin/say whatever, but once Treaty signed it’s immaterial.

Johnson is saying “I want to” knowing he can not.

Farage & TBP – latest is CCHQ approaching TPB candidates and saying “Stand down and we’ll give you a peerage or…”

Farage in a difficult place: all MSM now against him as they want Establishment Johnson to win plus Brexit fatigue and being pro remain

I want Johnson to be dependent on DUP and hopefully TBP MPs, if he isn’t It’s Brino

3. Valentine Gray
    November 12, 2019 at 8:26 am

The answer is simple, Brexit candidates IGNORE dear Nigel stand anyway if it means Independent Brexit candidates so be it.

4. Penseivat
    November 12, 2019 at 10:29 am

The BP state that they have more policies than just leaving the EU, but have not, as far as I am aware, told anyone what they are. Hartlepool elected a monkey ( the bloke who was dressed in a monkey suit as the mascot for the local football team), as Mayor. I’m told that, although not a politician, he did a pretty good job. Unfortunately, tribal political pressure won, for a time at least, as the BP now run the council. Hartlepool has as much chance of returning a Tory MP as Tower Hamlets have of returning a Jewish candidate, so why doesn’t Johnson follow Farage’s example, and stand down his Tory candidate? That he doesn’t really want to leave the EU may have something to do with it. This is how it will be all over the country so it appears that we will be subject to McDonnell’s Marxist regime; become part of the great Caliphate; or end up as a small subsidiary of the People’s Republic of China. Whichever it is, we’re f*cked!

• Mona
      November 12, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Dead right, look at British Steel.

5. john in cheshire
    November 12, 2019 at 1:51 pm

On the positive side, all of these machinations are exposing ever more rats in the swamp.

I’m in a strong Conservative constituency so she’ll be elected regardless. In the 2017 General Election I spoiled my ballot paper and will probably do the same this time around, though I would have voted Brexit party if they were standing for election. My choice other than the Conservative party is either the islamic Labour party, the Fascist Libdem party or the Communist Green party so I have no choice at all and my protest vote will be an insignificant blip on the day but I’ll do it nonetheless.

6. November 12, 2019 at 8:18 pm