A freezing toddler was taken to hospital after her family said they were left with no gas for 30 hours.
Two-year-old Mia-Rose had just recovered from a pneumonia-like condition in Worthing Hospital, where she had to sleep with an oxygen mask.
Hmmm, a double-barreled first name. I think I can see what we’re dealing with here…
But her mother Natalie McDonald said she had to be readmitted on Thursday because their gas was cut off on one of the coldest days of the year.
Natalie, from Durrington, was not able to talk because she was at the hospital with her daughter. She also has an older girl, Macie-Marie, who is six.
Another double-barreled first name! And maternal granny doing the heavy lifting with no mention of dad helping? Maybe he’s busy in work?
So, what’s the issue here?
But Mia-Rose’s grandmother Michelle Farley said: “This is absolutely disgusting.
“The day Mia-Rose came out of hospital I went to four shops to top up the gas card but it wouldn’t work.
“Our gas company ScottishPower sent an engineer out last Thursday, but the new card didn’t arrive, and when they ran out of gas on Tuesday this week Natalie called up and explained.
“But she was fobbed off all day.
“She waited until 1am that night for an engineer to arrive but they never turned up.
“It just went on and on and on. Finally, after numerous calls, at 6pm on Wednesday night an engineer came and restored their gas supply.
“By that time. she had been left with no gas for 30 hours.”
That’s… *counts on fingers* …a little over a day. It’s not exactly long, is it?
“The children were starving hungry and freezing cold. Natalie is incredibly stressed.
Oh, jeez! It’s not like they had to survive being stranded in the Yukon! Put on a jumper. Microwave something.