Swept in on a buzz phrase

The Tory buzz expression upfront the entire campaign was Get Brexit Done and the people fell for it in droves instead of just reading the text – reading the text is too difficult for the lazy and disinterested who nonetheless have the vote.

This is NOT Brexit Johnson proposes, not in the least and that will become apparent around June.

People will suddenly start saying, ‘But we were promised Brexit,’ just as they did post-May in 2017 and then acted all surprised when the fisheries did not come back, when we were still paying billions, when the EU justice system was still in control.  [Please don’t tell me the Eurocourts are different to the EU, they are tied together as previously shown many times.]

The good thing about this result is that Corbyn communism was rejected, Swinson lost her seat etc., so that part was good.

But mark my words, those who voted Tory – what you thought you were voting for – Brexit – simply is not what was voted in … and to answer the question, ‘But was Johnson not preferable to Corbyn?’ … well of course he was, not too many in the country think the left is anything but a disaster … but that’s not the point, is it, as we’ve been trying to get across the whole time to readers? Th point is that Johnson has no intention of delivering Brexit.

Could the result have been otherwise?  Not after the pig’s breakfast Farage made of it all but he’d lost major donors, he did not have a party infrastructure, he had not put a coherent manifesto up front and centre.  He was manoeuvered into supporting one side of the Red-Blue two-party choice which people seem unable to get out of their heads.

The analogy has been used many times of the boat going down the river, crashing first into the Tory wall, then across to the Labour wall, then across to the Tory wall and so on, down the river.

And that’s where we’ve been sold once again, just as in 2017.

Ho hum, I did not stay up for it.  It’s 5:41 now.  So be it until June. The header words “No Deal” are just as relevant now as they were before last night.

This is my personal view of course. Julia and Mike may have something different to write. The good thing about OoL is that this is still possible in social media.

8 comments for “Swept in on a buzz phrase

1. December 13, 2019 at 11:48 am

Further notes:

Pity about Caroline Flint. This raises the question of which pro-Leavers of any party lost to Remoaner Tories? I’d like to know the exact answer to that.

2. Valentine Gray
    December 13, 2019 at 1:15 pm

Cheer up, Johnson offered Bercow a Peerage ” Lord of the Flies” Bercow overcome by this generous offer almost wept on TV but declined it and said Blair was more deserving.

3. December 13, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Sounds reasonable from Piers:

Boris Johnson’s triumph proves democracy-denying radical socialists backed by self-righteous celebrities on Twitter are electoral poison – and if Democrats fall for the same delusion, Trump will decimate them in 2020

4. Ted Treen
    December 14, 2019 at 7:02 pm

I’m just three weeks off my 70th, and ever since I’ve been able to vote, there have only been a few times (in the 1980s) when I can say I voted for a party I support. Almost every other time, it has been a vote against a party I could never support, or a considered view as to which was the lesser evil.

• December 15, 2019 at 12:07 am

We vote against, not for.

• Ted Treen
        December 15, 2019 at 1:04 am

‘Twas ever thus, probably.

5. Valentine Gray
    December 16, 2019 at 8:58 am

Time now James to do a piece on why Scotland must have its Independence, just read an article on something I have never heard of before,, ‘HOW MODERN SCOTLAND was BUILT on SLAVERY”. Scotland was a enthusiastic slave trading Nation, from Bunce Island in Sierra Leon to the West Indies millions of slaves were taken by the Scots. For some legal reason the cannot be sued for reparations unless Scotland becomes an independent State. Professor Sir Tom Devine says Scotland’s involvement in the in the slave trade is “truly mind boggling”. Wakey , Wakey Nicola.,reparations will run into millions.

• December 16, 2019 at 1:22 pm

Ha ha. I’ve been speaking to various Scots – they have no intention of departing the UK.