12 comments for “Harry: as seen from the back seats!

1. Ed P
    January 21, 2020 at 5:55 pm

Everyone knows Windsor soup is brown, not ginger.

Mr Hewitt may find life just got harder – he’s not known for intellectual capacity, so the job market might be rather restricted. And she’ll be off as soon as there’s a better offer.

2. Mark
    January 22, 2020 at 4:18 am

He might not have many watts between his ears but he must know even now what he is. Even now he must know what he’s done, and even now he must know how it will (inevitably) end.

This cheap skank will parade him in front of her “woke” wankerati – ooh look what I’ve got – while whoring the status she thinks her monkey gives her.

It really doesn’t matter whether you believe in the monarchy or not, in the eyes of the much of the world it symbolizes something about this country. If you do want to see an end to it, this is not the way to do it. Please don’t cheer her on.

That said, I am having trouble feeling any sympathy for him. I can only imagine how many times his inevitable future must have been pointed out to him during the “courtship”

3. January 22, 2020 at 8:12 am

In one.

4. Voice of Reason
    January 22, 2020 at 4:29 pm

Is it very different from what his Great Great Uncle did?

• Mark
      January 22, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Well I don’t think Wallis Simpson tried to trademark anything.

• Voice of Reason
        January 22, 2020 at 10:19 pm

She probably would have, if it were now.

• Mark
          January 23, 2020 at 2:10 am

Was she the bad guy then, or was it him?

• Voice of Reason
            January 23, 2020 at 2:19 am

Who, Wallis Simpson? Accounts have her berating him in public and generally behaving without any class at all. She wanted to be in those social circles and worked for it. He loved her, and gave up the throne.

• Mark
              January 23, 2020 at 7:51 am

He must have loved her giving up the throne of the greatest empire the world has ever seen.

What is Harry actually giving up? He was never going to be king. The dynamic is as old as time. Tim nice but dim thinking with his dick. Pushy woman see wealth, comfort etc. Dump this schmuck after a few years and on to the next.

Trouble is, with royalty, particularly British royalty, what she sees and wants isn’t his to give away.

Wallis and Edward are often portrayed as tragic, victims of a cold and heartless establishment. This was helped by them retaining some degree of dignity – publically at least (yes, yes, had there been the internet etc then). Can’t see this gruesome twosome managing that.

As I said, I don’t have a great deal of sympathy for him. I suspect in a few years I will.

I would call myself a principled Republican (I can’t think of any real defence of the hereditary principle) but a pragmatic monarchies based on the real world. I think Peter Hitchens has it right. If there is no monarch, the “grandeur” (for want of a better word) will be adopted by somebody else and I’d rather have a figurehead monarch that a pseudo monarchical president.

And if the monarchy is abolished, what would replace it? It’s not just the queen losing a title and tax breaks. It would be quite a profound change to constitutional arrangements. Who would do the rewriting? Those who produced labours “race and faith” manifesto?

I’d rather have mad king Ludwig!

• Voice of Reason
                January 23, 2020 at 3:37 pm

” I’d rather have a figurehead monarch that a pseudo monarchical president” The latter seems to be the push here in the US, as it was with Reagan and Bush, but strangely not with Clinton and Obama. The funniest part, as I pointed out recently, is that those who are trying to elevate the President to kinghood are the Republicans.

5. James Strong
    January 24, 2020 at 6:34 am

The essential point is to keep separate the roles of Head of State and Head of Government.
    A constitutional monarchy is just one way of doing that.

• Mark
      January 24, 2020 at 9:39 am

I for one think it’s a good one.