‘Influencers’ or tossers?

Among the nu-speak horrors which have come up in the past year or two is one which annoys greatly – ‘influencers’.

Coronavirus: Influencers’ glossy lifestyles lose their shine

Yeah? Influences whom? Sounds an awful lot like wankery to me, a bit like ‘human resources’. It’s also not unlike this thing the MSM lifestyle writers talk about – A listers. A listers? More like Z listers in my eyes.

Maybe I just have the whole thing back to front.

14 comments for “‘Influencers’ or tossers?

1. Ed P
    April 26, 2020 at 11:14 am

One hopes these obviously important Influencers do not catch the Influenza

2. Penseivat
    April 26, 2020 at 1:23 pm

I have no idea who these, alleged, important people are. Have they discovered a cure for cancer or, more importantly, CV-19? No, they haven’t. They pose as if to tell others, “If you were as clever, or rich, as I am, you too could be stood on the edge of an infinity pool or on the deck of my yacht. Why don’t they do us all a favour and fall off?
    The biggest, so called, influencer who really grips my sh%t is that tone deaf diva Victoria Beckham who, while furloughing her staff, and thereby leaving the taxpaper with a huge bill, could have retained them and had them making scrubs or other protective gear for medical staff. Instead, she gaily posts news of her 3 day birthday bash, with a chocolate cake and Ā£2,000 bottles of wine. She really is a disgrace, although she has made, at least, one intelligent decision and that was to never sing in public again. The sad thing is that Dim David is so pussy whipped and in thrall to her, that he can’t say no to her. She is one spice that is really past her sell by date and I hope that when this contagion is over, and she regains her lost arm and leg, the public will remember.

• May 3, 2020 at 6:51 am

So often these days, I hear a news item or read a tweet and am baffled as to what some of these people are famous for…

3. Valentine Gray
    April 26, 2020 at 5:49 pm

Dr Rashid Buttur interview on you tube is an urgent must look before it is pulled, will knock you out.

4. Voice of Reason
    April 26, 2020 at 6:13 pm

I loathe the term.

5. April 26, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Right.

6. Lord T
    April 27, 2020 at 10:51 am

The term influencers is a social media term for people that have subscribers. It is in the belief that if people subscribe to them then they can make comments that influence their readers. So just like the media you have dozy comments that people actually believe and take action on.

From what I can see there are some really thick influencers our there. Not much different from the MSM.

7. April 27, 2020 at 4:43 pm

He whole concept is a total w**k.

8. Ted Treen
    April 28, 2020 at 12:05 am

Tossers. Definitely tossers.

9. Andy5759
    April 28, 2020 at 2:15 am

Slebs. If I inadvertently see a bit of a celebrity quiz, or whatever, show I can honestly say that I know none of them. They’re not famous for anything other than being on these shows. As for influencers, most of the troupe here and at NO have more influence over me than any of these simply awful creatures. Like heroin addicts they live only to drag other people into their self destructive lifestyles.

• May 3, 2020 at 6:52 am

And often, they themselves know nothing! Which they prove at every round.

10. April 28, 2020 at 11:55 am

šŸ™‚

11. May 4, 2020 at 6:39 am

They seem to have an effect though, as this threat attests. Just not the one they wanted.