The invasion continues, abetted from above

There really are strange things going on vis-a-vis migrant workers:

Some days back, there were those flown in from Greece, hush hush except for social media.

Today there were more boats silently and secretly on the shores – they’re not just pouring in but are being met by Border Control and taken to accommodation – one lot were housed at the Hilton.

This is acceptable to the average Brit?

6 comments for “The invasion continues, abetted from above

1. Valentine Gray
    May 21, 2020 at 10:39 am

I am beginning to to think these these illegals may be more worthy to live here than the gutless ignoramuses running the Country, just had another of those “Under Investigation” letters from TV licensing, they can get stuffed. Mass submission, mass police control only for the natives. How far will the pendulum swing?

• May 21, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Think it’s about to go back the other way.

2. Penseivat
    May 21, 2020 at 9:38 pm

If the French navy are, allegedly, escorting the illegal immigrants into British waters, then the French government is guilty of people trafficking. If the British Border Force is found to be arranging with the French navy to meet, and escort, these illegal immigrants onto British soil, then that organisation is, also, committing the offence of people trafficking.
    There’s not a lot we can do about the perfidious French, apart from blowing their ships out of the water if they refuse to surrender which, considering they are French, may be novel, but as everything the Border Force do is with the implicit knowledge and permission of the Home Secretary; then the very Priti Patel is also guilty of the same offence. Persuade me that I’m wrong.

• May 22, 2020 at 12:06 am

Can’t persuade, not wrong.

3. john in cheshire
    May 23, 2020 at 8:22 am

A few weeks ago I wrote to my MP asking questions on several matters including illegals arriving by boat.

Yesterday, I received an email from her office telling me that rather than giving me a written response, she would prefer to speak to me about my questions and asking me if that is acceptable, to contact them to arrange the conversation.

Is this usual?

• Penseivat
      May 23, 2020 at 11:45 am

Personally, I would prefer a written reply to a conversation which, as the MP is a practised speaker, could quickly be controlled by her. While a written reply would clarify relevant points, and can be referred to later if necessary, parts of a spoken conversation can always be said to have been taken out of context, and there would be no corroboration on your part to challenge this.
      I am sure your MP has your best interests at heart but, to avoid any future confusions over the matter, May I suggest you request a written reply.