Boris masks

Tuesday, July 14th, 2020

Dear Reader

As also written in a tweet just now [BBC screenshot ten minutes ago]:

If “the Science” were actually settled, then docs worldwide would not be saying as Doc Graham does below. Boris has been ordered by his masters, the High St may well be dying.

Essentially, whatever the purpose of masks was meant to be, it does not stop it getting to you through the fabric and if it’s plastic, that brings its own problems for you, personally, should it be on for any length of time, in retaining whatever it is inside.

Will people shop online henceforth?  I’m not so sure.  We’ve a local shop nearby but the quality of food is British, meaning they only stock rubbish prepackaged meals – for real food, it still requires a visit to somewhere else.  For all my bravado online, I might visit the supermart [with some covering] once a week [doing that now] and my visits are usually about 20 minutes long.

Plus, to be honest about this – whenever I actually circular or handsaw wood, it needs a mask, I do have them here.  That’s the reality.

The politics

Alternatively as a sub-heading, “the lunacy”:

We’ve already been through it ad nauseam, we know why Johnson dithered, Gove actually backtracked, then someone got to Johnson and the July 24th resulted.  I suspect it was not just him being hoodwinked by the [non] Experts, it was not just political pressure from the globalists, it was more that he was told by the Cabinet Secretary and others that he was dithering and losing the PP.

That would move him more than any other reason.  Johnson is a self-centred man, he has the Jim Hacker instinct for survival.

And we pay for that.

8 comments for “Boris masks

1. July 14, 2020 at 9:12 am

Further:

A wise man just wrote, on the above:

They keep doing this, making statements as though they are read from stone tablets brought down from the mountain, when they are are trite statements which are true of any virus, anywhere. This is not news, nor is there anything we could do about it if it were not the case. Spending ones days attempting to avoid invisible and probably non-existent viruses, or the mere possibility of them being in the vicinity is not healthy or productive behaviour.

Ditto all the handwashing and don’t stand so close to me, stop touching your face, breathe through your nose, cover your mouth when you’re coughing or sneezing etc. etc. … it’s all vague nanny type advice applicable to all viruses and germs everywhere. Not something that one shrieks about every 30 seconds and forces people to do with threats of prison and censure.

• July 14, 2020 at 12:39 pm

I spent quite a while reading reader comments on yesterday’s mask articles at The Telegraph.

There are many mask-wearing virtue signalling commenters there. Despite what they claim, it is unlikely they are True Blue.

It’s the Leave-Remain thing all over again. Ugh.

2. John in Cheshire
    July 14, 2020 at 11:24 am

I think I mentioned that over two weeks ago I sent an email to my MP asking this question:

‘Could you please confirm that the government is not going to make vaccinations mandatory. And that no one who declines to be vaccinated will be disadvantaged, punished or otherwise segregated for not doing so; that there will be no travel restrictions, refusals of medical, or dental treatment, access to public transport or government funded services? Or that the wearing of a mask will not be made compulsory?’

I’m still awaiting a reply. It seems events are giving me the answer.

• July 14, 2020 at 11:59 am

CM: Too many virtue signallers.

JiC: Yes, you did mention it.

3. Valentine Gray
    July 14, 2020 at 8:22 pm

One day you may find out who your true owners are, there is a direct link in the action against Tommy Robinson and the Corona 19 psycho-plague. Part of the “Amnesty International 1975 Report on Torture” Torture is the systemic and deliberate infliction of acute pain IN ANY FORM by one person on another or a third person in order to accomplish the purpose of the former against the will of the latter. Torture is a stress, chronic stress can lead to Bronchial symptoms, coercive techniques for psychological torture. Induced dependency, debility, dread, enforcement of trivial demands. Wear a mask social, distancing come to mind. What has been done to the elderly qualifies as torture lockdown qualifies as torture. Tommy Robinson is a free thinker and activist so cannot be tolerated, Bolsonaro (a free thinker) has shown how quickly C19 can be beaten, there are several preventatives well known and well hidden cures for Covid 19 but your masters want a vaccine. Time for some legal action.

4. Ed P
    July 15, 2020 at 10:58 am

As most people can see the pointlessness of wearing masks which do not trap viruses, but instead inflict unhealthy CO2 concentrations on the wearer, I will be checking the official advice/legality on Gov.uk when it’s been updated.
    Presently the site stipulates a face covering, not necessarily a mask, with no specification about its filtration efficiency.
    So I believe wearing a child’s party “animal face” would comply. We could have some fun with this!

5. Mona
    July 16, 2020 at 9:22 am

“THERE HAS BEEN NO COVID PANDEMIC” I have just read this in a report by a NHS employee in Zerohedge.com , staff have been silenced with the threat of criminal prosecution if they speak out . Its a must read, I went to Zerohedge via the “Drudge Report”