Those ‘Witnesses’ are getting some really poor advice

I personally received unstinting help, wonderful understanding and superb inspiration from members of one Kingdom Hall; from the Jehovahs Witnesses. I cannot state what help I received, but that help was crucial at a time when I was in terrible need. There was no proselytising, no sideways offers, nothing untoward at all. I had, literally and unknowingly, placed the guy in a position where he owed me a great favour. Me? I simply fixed his car when he was preparing to take his wife out for a wedding anniversary.

Because I have always been good with machinery, to me, it was a five minute job by the roadside; forgotten within hours. But to that couple, they were in my debt, and they and their fellow Witnesses fulfilled that debt magnificently. I cannot quote the simple proverb which ensured their need to repay me, possibly because my memory is pretty ropey, but they stood by their word, and Goodness was the result.

So you can maybe understand my dismay when I heard of the unseemly pattern of financial activities within that Church after the news that whole congregation are  resiling from ownership of their Halls, and transferring the money to a Kingdom Hall Trust. It is seemingly a complicated process, but, in the end, if an abuse sufferer takes either the individual, the Kingdom Hall or the Central Church to Court and wins, there will be no money available to compensate that grieving man or woman for the pain and suffering endured.

But there is one point I would labour on, and it is the fact that this story came over  the Sunday Programme, and nowhere else. Funny; that!

9 comments for “Those ‘Witnesses’ are getting some really poor advice

1. Voice of Reason
    July 18, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Sadly, it isn’t just the money issue. Just like so many others, the Witnesses are a cult, with all of the control and corruption that entails.

2. Valentine Gray
    July 18, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Religion offers very little in the way of morality,like nearly all organisations they want to own your mind. Big pharma is now a pseudo religion full of high priests, they own drooling Boris and his dickheads. I was offered a Watchtower booklet by two lovely friendly people once, after a little chat I advised them to see a psychiatrist the same advice I would give Boris.

3. Valentine Gray
    July 18, 2020 at 10:11 pm

The difference between the priests of big pharma and the priests of your Christian Churches is the baptism of children to take possession of their soul ??, and the priests of big pharma want to vaccinate the child so to secure an income from them for life

4. Mudplugger
    July 19, 2020 at 8:15 am

The JWs are just acting like any responsible business, because behind the door-knockers, it’s a business.
    That business sees a looming threat from abuse claims, so is moving to protect its assets.
    Sensible? Cynical? You decide.

5. Penseivat
    July 19, 2020 at 9:30 am

VG,
    “..drooling Boris and the dickheads.”
    That’s going to be the name of my band. Thanks for the input.

• Valentine Gray
      July 19, 2020 at 6:09 pm

Hope you can make some hits with “Drooling Boris and the Dickheads” you could try his new dance because of his great achievement ” The Pox Trot”, because he has poxed off so many people , just a colloquialism, I used it a lot once.

6. The Jannie
    July 19, 2020 at 10:40 am

I’ve always seen the JWs as a business designed to take advantage of American tax breaks. The cult aspect simply guarantees their income.

7. July 20, 2020 at 2:32 am

How come we never (?) hear of Woolies or the electricity company getting sued when someone who had a job there molests a small boy or gets caught with his/her hand down a small girls pants? If whacking the Company for the nefarious activities of its employees is the go, and collective responsibility is the way, or even the old fashioned buck stop, then why do we not hear of Ministers of the Crown getting sacked when a skool teacher or a zozchial verker gets caught sending nude snaps of her tits to a 14 year old? Why are headmasters not canned when an errant teacher does naughty things?

8. Daedalus
    July 22, 2020 at 6:23 am

“and the priests of big pharma want to vaccinate the child so to secure an income from them for life”
    In general you normally vaccinate once, possibly with a further booster a little later. How this becomes income for life I cannot understand. Do I want tetanus or a booster occasionally. Erhm, can I have the booster please.