9 comments for “Heinrich Hancock Day today in shops

1. Penseivat
    July 24, 2020 at 9:29 am

Step 1. Make sure the mask is cleaned with soap and boiling water after every use – do this at home and not by the checkout as it annoys the shop staff.
    Step 2. After drying the mask, soak it in spirit of your choice – Sainsburys blended whisky is cheap yet palatable.
    Step 3. After drying it again, place mask on face, even if you’re not going to the shops.
    Step 4. Enjoy what you remember of the rest of the day.

2. John in Cheshire
    July 24, 2020 at 11:30 am

Regarding the testing. A few weeks ago I received one of the corrupt death cult’s letters inviting me to participate in their testing programme. I threw it in the bin.

I’m still waiting for a reply from my MP to my questions about masks and vaccines.

In this case, silence is definitely not golden.

Yesterday, I made my last visit to a store; to B&Q to buy some sand and cement. It was very early in the morning but not a mask in sight. But from today, no more going to shops for me until the dictatorship masquerading as our government comes to its senses and begins behaving like a servant and not a master.

I don’t know if it’s true or just wishful thinking but there is a story in today’s Daily Express telling me that ASDA and Sainsbury’s will not be enforcing the mask rule. I’ll wait and see if anything comes of this. I’m surprised there isn’t a great backlash by retail companies about these draconian rules, and have wondered if a. The laws are legal ( if that makes sense) and b. Whether any of our existing laws ( Magna Carta, Bill of Rights, for example) forbid the government from imposing such laws.

There’s been one underreported protest against compulsory mask wearing, so I know I’m not alone.

3. July 24, 2020 at 11:33 am

Just back from Sainsbury’s and almost 99.99% compliance. One woman – very young – not wearing one, and not challenged.

• John in Cheshire
      July 24, 2020 at 2:31 pm

Thanks for the report, Julia.
      Am I surprised at the almost total compliance? No.

Am I please there’s at least one young person out there who’s got a mind of her own. Yes.

• DP
      July 24, 2020 at 3:41 pm

Dear Miss M

So now we know how old you are.

Must have been a big store – ten thousand people, maybe more …

DP

4. Valentine Gray
    July 24, 2020 at 7:44 pm

Wearing a Bacteria factory is not a good idea, I have sent my MP an E-Mail telling him I will do everything in my power to make sure he is not re-elected to Parliament. I have not heard of anyone having this flu like illness let alone dying of it in my area.

5. Ed P
    July 25, 2020 at 12:41 pm

I have bought a hat with a plastic face shield. The first time I wore it to the supermarket, I had 5 enquiries from interested shoppers about where to buy one:

£4.99 from Amazon. There’s no restriction to breathing and it complies with the govern-mental’s requirements.

I also carry official-looking (home made) printed leaflets of the guidelines, explaining the exemptions for COPD etc. These intimidate any officious jobsworth into acceptance.

6. Mona
    July 26, 2020 at 1:19 pm

I shopped at ASDA no mask no problem, I was told that some of the security guards are close to a nervous breakdown so for them no C 19 just PTSD.